Columbia Lezoosh Jacket

This is an excellent technical jacket with all the…

Summary

This is an excellent technical jacket with all the bells and whistles of jacket systems that are much pricier. I've worn the system in temperatures from the 0°'s to the 40°'s. I would unreservedly recommend this jacket to anyone.

Pros

• Effectively windproof
  • Effectively waterproof
  • Regulates temperature well
  • The best hood design I've ever used
  • Easy to manipulate the system
  • Adjusts easily

Cons

• It's a bit heavy
  • Occasionally some chafing on the chin

I bought the Lezoosh on Sierra Trading Post in July of 2012 for $110.73, before shipping.

columbia-lezoosh-interchange-men-s-jacke

I purchased the above color combination - Leapfrog/Moss

The first one I got from them was a medium. I'd been growing a gut, so when I was 165 lbs, I needed the large. I wish I'd kept the medium and lost the weight. C'est la vie. I digress. I returned the medium for it being too tight. I'm now 5'8", 132 lbs and the medium would have fit perfect.

I've been able to wear it for a season, now, and am thoroughly impressed with all of the features of the jacket. I'm an avid backpacker, and love me some winter stuff. This jacket fit the bill to a tee. It's great at temperature regulation with the pit zips, cuff adjusters, and drawstring in the hem. These also allow for great range of movement. I carry a 50L pack, and I carry trekking poles. No problem.

I live in the Northeast and wore this jacket through Hurricane Sandy. Driving winds, windswept sand, nothing got through. The hood is a great thing in and of itself; very versatile, especially with the adjustment wire in the brim and tensioner behind.

I've seen some evidence of normal wear -- a little fraying in the cuffs and collar, but its waterproofedness remains.

Good, deep pockets on the shell, and the breast pocket with the watertight zipper closure is a bonus. The fleece liner has several good pockets, too.

All-in-all, and excellent technical shell that rivals the features of other, more expensive name brands for a great price.