Columbia Lost Lake

This is the tent my wife and I use anytime we camp,…

Ease of Setup: This tent has short sleeves along with the clips, I think clip only might be better but I haven't used one.
Price Paid: under $100

This is the tent my wife and I use anytime we camp, whether car-camping or backpacking. The size is right, the twin doors, the double vestibules, the gear loft ... it all serves its purpose and then some. I've solo camped in it in cold weather and loved it, though I do plan to add a solo tent simply to save weight when going alone and save air space to warm in cold weather. We've camped in rain and wind and had no issues. I highly recommend this tent to anyone wanting a true 2 person tent.

I picked this up at a half-off sale, so I am pleased…

Ease of Setup: a breeze to set up
Price Paid: $75 (Canadian)

I picked this up at a half-off sale, so I am pleased with the price I paid. The tent seems fairly well-designed. The overhead storage mesh compartment reduces the headroom by about 5 or 6 inches, so I tend to leave this at home. The rainfly works quite well and is oversized, creating vestibule space outside the tent on either side.

My chief worry is with the floor of the tent, which is a lightweight nylon material. The manufacturer does suggest using a groundsheet, but does not provide one with the tent. My belief is that a groundsheet is a necessity, both to stop water from leaking through the floor and to protect the floor from tears and abrasion. This a two-person tent, with doors on each side to aid access and egress, but it is a wee bit close quarters once those two are inside.

Columbia Lost Lake

The Lost Lake has been discontinued.

The Columbia Lost Lake is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 25, 2007 at US Outdoor Store.