Columbia Mountain Tech II Long Sleeve Top

Nice fitting and functional. As a fan of Columbia…

Summary

Nice fitting and functional.

Pros

• Athletic fit
  • Good materials

Cons

• The typical Poly stink

As a fan of Columbia products, which I find to offer a big bang for the reasonable buck, I've found my Mountain Tech 2 to be another good purchase.

What I most liked about the shirt when receiving it was the fit. I saw this as a base layer first and, too often, sizing will be of the new American variety which means bigger and boxier than expected. I prefer my base layers to be a bit more fitted. This offers an athletic cut yet doesn't feel restrictive so it's been an excellent base layer choice for me.

I sweat on the trail, no matter the weather, and I found the shirt to dry relatively quickly and breathes very well.  Also, the shoulder seams are offset so it's comfortable under a pack. For whatever reason, the first time I wore it I felt some itching around the pack straps but that soon dissipated. I've yet to go off trail with it so I can't speak to it's ability to stand up to abrasion but Columbia is always pretty good in that department.

Yeah...you'll have a little poly stink working after a while but that's the nature of the beast. With this one it's actually not too bad, much less than some poly shirts I've worn which seem to take on a smell of their own that can't be washed out.

Excellent Columbia quality with this one and if you hunt around you can find it at an excellent price point. Very pleased with this purchase.

CLOSEOUTS . A great layer for getting the job done, Columbia Sportswear's Mountain Tech II shirt goes to work with lightweight, naturally antimicrobial fabric that wicks moisture, controls odor and provides UPF 15. Available Colors: GULFSTREAM, ROYAL, YELLOW CURRY, WHITE CAP, CINNEBAR, FOLIAGE, BOULDER, BLACK, GRAVEL, DARK BACKCOUNTRY, DARK COMPASS, ABYSS, MOUNTAIN, ROCKET, SANGUINE. Sizes: S, M, L, XL, 2XL.

- Sierra Trading Post

It fits like a dream and features Omni-Wick(R) technology and antimicrobial properties to pull moisture away from the body quickly and keep you smelling fresh over the long haul.

- Rocky Mountain Trail

Build your spring, summer, and fall outdoor layering system around the Columbia Mountain Tech II Shirt. This quick-drying, lightweight shirt features UPF-15-rated sun protection to fend off harmful UV rays and boasts an antimicrobial finish so you can wear it for years to come.

There’s a reason that the Mountain Tech has become one of our most popular technical pieces for active outdoor adventures: it fits like a dream and features Omni-Wick technology to pull moisture away from the body quickly and keep you smelling fresh over the long haul. Technology: OMNI-WICKKeeps You Dry and Comfortable, Construction:

- Columbia

Columbia Mountain Tech II Long Sleeve Top for MenThe Columbia Mountain Tech II Long Sleeve Top for Men is an accessory for all-year use. This top has an antimicrobial treatment that helps to protect you from odor-causing bacteria. Thanks to the UPF 15, this top keeps you safe from the sun's harmful ultraviolet rays. The polyester material enhances the durability and comfort that this garment offers. With its Omni-Wick technology, you can be fresh during any outing or physically demanding activity. This shirt is made from 100% polyester jersey for higher mobility, motion, and flexibility. Plus, you can easily wash and dry this top as it is machine wash safe. Get the Columbia Mountain Tech II Long Sleeve Top for Men to be prepared for all your outdoor or casual activities.

- SunnySports