I live in an ever-changing climate with various terrain,…

Price Paid: gift

I live in an ever-changing climate with various terrain, and this includes mud and ice and snow. My brother bought a pair of these boots for my mom on her trip to visit me in Kodiak, Alaska. Mom never wore the boots and left them for me.

I have various ankle and back problems. I gave up athletic shoes and wear my boots daily year round. My boots have been overly loved and worn and I desperately need another pair but can not seem to find  another pair to purchase anywhere! If you know please let me know.

I love my boots, and they don't look bad with a dress for church in the middle of winter either.

I've been hiking for about 3 1/2 years now with a…

Materials: Nu buck suede & Gore Tex
Use: Day hikes/ weekend hikes mostly on AT in PA.
Break-in Period: 0
Weight: 2lbs. 10 ounces

I've been hiking for about 3 1/2 years now with a pair of these. They are very comfortable and break-in was non-existent. Lest you think I'm doing 2-3 miles on rails-to-trails let me assure you that these babies have seen quite a few 12-16 mile ventures on the the Appalachian Trail in Pennsylvania; aka "Where boots go to die".

The Columbia Mystic Peak GTX's have performed admirably for a relatively inexpensive boot. I've used them in 8 inches of snow, in 95 degree summer hiking, in torrential downpours, you name it and they have not missed a beat! No loose stitches, no separation of the uppers, and the soles have barely worn down. I estimate that I've put somewhere between 900-1100 miles on these, and they're still going strong.

And as an added bonus, my feet normally sweat like a pig, but the Columbias don't smell even after a 16-18 mile day. I have only blistered once in them and I recently completed two weekend backpack trips with approximately 40 pounds on my back and didn't blister.

I am very pleased with them.