I live in an ever-changing climate with various terrain,…

Price Paid: gift

I live in an ever-changing climate with various terrain, and this includes mud and ice and snow. My brother bought a pair of these boots for my mom on her trip to visit me in Kodiak, Alaska. Mom never wore the boots and left them for me.

I have various ankle and back problems. I gave up athletic shoes and wear my boots daily year round. My boots have been overly loved and worn and I desperately need another pair but can not seem to find  another pair to purchase anywhere! If you know please let me know.

I love my boots, and they don't look bad with a dress for church in the middle of winter either.

I've been hiking for about 3 1/2 years now with a…

Materials: Nu buck suede & Gore Tex
Use: Day hikes/ weekend hikes mostly on AT in PA.
Break-in Period: 0
Weight: 2lbs. 10 ounces

I've been hiking for about 3 1/2 years now with a pair of these. They are very comfortable and break-in was non-existent. Lest you think I'm doing 2-3 miles on rails-to-trails let me assure you that these babies have seen quite a few 12-16 mile ventures on the the Appalachian Trail in Pennsylvania; aka "Where boots go to die".

The Columbia Mystic Peak GTX's have performed admirably for a relatively inexpensive boot. I've used them in 8 inches of snow, in 95 degree summer hiking, in torrential downpours, you name it and they have not missed a beat! No loose stitches, no separation of the uppers, and the soles have barely worn down. I estimate that I've put somewhere between 900-1100 miles on these, and they're still going strong.

And as an added bonus, my feet normally sweat like a pig, but the Columbias don't smell even after a 16-18 mile day. I have only blistered once in them and I recently completed two weekend backpack trips with approximately 40 pounds on my back and didn't blister.

I am very pleased with them.

Columbia Mystic Peak GTX

The Mystic Peak GTX has been discontinued.

The Columbia Mystic Peak GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 19, 2009 at Sierra Trading Post.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review