I'm a geologist and my office is the outdoors. This…

Use: Geology, hiking
Break-in Period: ~1 week
Weight: 175lbs

I'm a geologist and my office is the outdoors. This boot held up pretty well from the trials I put it through. It lasted for about 8 months of field work. But don't be fooled, 8 months of field work is great for a geologist's boot.

However, some cons for this boot is after long time use, the stitching in the toe comes out and you start to get a lot of water in the boot. Also, the waterproof seems to wear off after a long time in water (tall wet grass/deep leaves/etc) so my feet did occasionally get wet. But for the money, these boots did great.

Columbia Ocanto Peak Omni-Tech

The Ocanto Peak Omni-Tech has been discontinued.

The Columbia Ocanto Peak Omni-Tech is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 24, 2013 at Sierra Trading Post.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Rock Gear The Original Review