Columbia Paxton Peak

Very good tent, amazing price! I set this tent up…

Very good tent, amazing price!

I set this tent up in my backyard last summer when my A/C broke. It was where I slept most nights for a couple weeks. I was very comfortable and it feels luxurious with the closets to keep your clothes off the tent floor.

Nice big windows for ventilation.

This tent is terrible. Thought it was great when we…

This tent is terrible. Thought it was great when we bought it, since our daughter has a Columbia tent and thought they were nice tents. Went camping and it rained and found that it was not good at all. It leaked like a seive. The water even came through the floor.

When we got home from that trip we waterproofed the entire tent doubled on the seams. Next time camping it leaked all over again. Used it again this past holiday weekend and again it rained. The tent had over an inch of water in it. The closets were full, even the pockets on the inside on the wall were full of water.

Had a horrible experience. This probably will never go camping with us again.

This tent was a real winner. We love the closets and…

Ease of Setup: Was very easy, takes some time, but not difficult
Weight: 48 pounds (heavy, but worth it!)

This tent was a real winner. We love the closets and the open space the tent affords (didn't even bother with the divider curtain) is perfect for a family of four (we had our two kids with us).

One bit of warning...seal all untaped seems before camping. We did not finish and went ahead for a weekend (of course it rained) and we did have some water inside the tent where the zippers rest on windows and such. But it was clear that what leaked was where we did not seal (the closets were well sealed and not a leak!). We were also able to keep all our gear inside the tent when it did rain.

The rain fly could extend more outdoors, so if a real rainstorm hit with wind, I'd wonder if it would leak, but the overall design is great. VERY easy to assemble and we practiced the night before. The easy to roll cart is very handy (and we did use it because we could not drive to the site). The height in the tent is really such a great feature because there is no bending over while in the tent. Very roomy and a great family tent.

Columbia Paxton Peak

The Paxton Peak has been discontinued.

The Columbia Paxton Peak is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 8, 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new warm weather tent, check out the best reviewed current models.