Columbia Shasta Ridge Mid Omni-Tech

women's
Weight 15.5 oz / 439 g (Size 7.5)

Waterproof, super light, good grip, good value. Over…

Summary

Waterproof, super light, good grip, good value. Over the past year these have been my spring, summer, and fall outdoor/hiking shoes and have proven to be mountain tough.

Pros

• Good value
  • Waterproof
  • Light
  • Grip well on hard and slick surfaces
  • Comfortable out of the box

Cons

• None

I have been wearing these shoes for a year and many of the shoes I have owned are done in that time. These hikers have proven to be mountain tough; they show little sign of wear, no rips, treads are barely worn, souls are not broke down at all, and basically outside of dirt they do not look or feel like they have been the miles of terrain they have been and still waterproof. Hands down these are the best hikers I have owned to date.

These are a nice snug fit, breathable, and my feet stay dry. Laces pull tight easily so I can adjust my tension over my whole foot and ankle with out much effort. I have a slight bit of back trouble and if my feet aren't supported well my lower back is where it will show up first and since I have been wearing these I have no trouble even when packing. I have a problem with riding my shoes over to one side as well but these hikers show no sign of it.

These are my most comfortable shoe so I also wear them around town a lot. Around town I wear them a little loose, but when I hit the mountains I just untie, give a pull till they are good and snug, retie and go. They give me good ankle support and my feet do not slide around.

I spend a lot of time in down fall forest (blow down timber) climbing and walking logs, and or shale rock slides and these shoes have done nothing but offer nice dry comfort. In hot weather my feet don't get wet from sweating so they definitely vent well. The size is pretty accurate, if anything they run slightly small, but I like my hikers snug so this was perfect.

My overall opinion: if you want a hundred dollar shoe to outperform a hundred and eighty dollar + shoe here it is. When the day comes I have to retire these shoes I only hope Columbia still makes them so I can enjoy the abuse it takes to wear out another.

Visit Columbia's Women's Shasta Ridge Mid Omni-Tech page.

Armed with waterproof technology and rugged construction, this your go-to trail shoe for spring. A supportive mid-cut upper combines sturdy leather breathable mesh while an Omni-Tech waterproof membrane keeps feet dry during rainy days and treacherous creek crossings. The toe is reinforced with a rubber toe guard to stand up to rocky terrain, while a full-length Techlite midsole provides lightweight cushioning so you can go the distance in comfort. Underfoot, a grippy Omni-Grip rubber outsole features a rubber gasket and a de-coupled heel a smooth ride even when the going gets rough. FEATURES: Rugged leather and textile upper, Durable mesh collar, Waterproof Omni-Techmembrane, Full-length Techlite midsole provides lightweight cushioning and support, Non-marking Omni-Grip rubber compound, Independent heel lug design with rubber gasket and de-coupled heel, Weight: Size 9, 1/2 pair= 14.1 oz / 399 g, Imported,

- Columbia refers to the men's version

Get the support of a mid-cut, with the performance and protection of Omni-Tech, in the Men's Columbia Shasta Ridge Mid Omni-Tech Hiking Boots. A leather and textile upper is backed up by Columbia's proprietary Omni-Tech waterproof breathable membrane to keep you dry and sweat free. Three layers, from an wicking inner layer, to a microporous membrane, to a durable water repellant (DWR) treated outer slam the door on slush and precipitation. A durable mesh collar and rubber toe guard add comfort and protection along with the full-length Techlite midsole, which features a naturally antimicrobial closed-cell compound made from a molding process that reduces waste by 25-30%. You also get a non-marking Omni-Grip rubber outsole for tenacious traction. Begin the journey of a lifetime with a single step, in the Shasta Ridge Mid Omni-Tech Hiking Boots for men from Columbia.

- Altrec Outdoors refers to the men's version

Columbia Shasta Ridge Mid Omni-Tech

$95.00 (women's)

The Columbia Shasta Ridge Mid Omni-Tech is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 27, 2012 at Backcountry.com.