Columbia Silver Ridge Cargo Pant

Excellent lightweight weight nylon hiking pants that…

Price Paid: ~$40

Excellent lightweight weight nylon hiking pants that have a true slim cut. Hotter weather works best as these are thin (bring long johns). Comfortable, functional and very durable. Highly recommended.

• Slim cut (too hard to find these days)
  • Very durable

I've had these for a few years, been on a couple backpacking trips plus local hikes and they have worked wonderfully.

I got tired of wearing baggy pants (even with correct waist) that flapped in the wind, caught on bushes during off trail travel, and generally looked sloppy, finally pants that fit my slight build. They dry out quickly when necessary and when it rains here in California I will know about water resistance.

I really like the cargo pockets, especially the zippered one for keys and wallet. Breathability and moisture wicking seem adequate. These are thin, stop the wind well and are best for hot weather. I get chilled quickly in windy weather at night.

Layers well with long johns. They look brand new after at least two years of use. I highly recommend.

Hope that helps.

Pants fit very well. True to length and waist. Great…

Fabric: nylon-Omni Tech
Fill: none

Pants fit very well. True to length and waist. Great pockets, drys incredibly fast. Packs down to nothing. The included belt is a nice touch, although it isn't the most secure one I own.

I DWR'd these and they perform admirably in light precip. As soon as the rain stops they're dry. I have worn them in 95 degree weather without drama. The material breathes "like Egyptian Cotton" to quote the immortal Edna Mode. Durable too.

Highly recommended.