Columbia Silver Ridge Convertible Pant

These pants are are very lightweight and durable.

Summary

These pants are are very lightweight and durable. They are also very comfortable.

Pros

Cons

• Run small

These pants are great. I bought them for camping and hiking, but find myself wearing them on the regular. They are very lightweight and great for mildly warm conditions, but the material is also somewhat wind resistant and so that makes them OK for cooler situations as well.

They are also super durable. On a hike recently, I was getting caught in all kinds of thorns and I just plowed through and the pants don't show any signs. No snags or runs in the material or anything. The zip-offs are super easy to take off, and aren't too bad to get back together. The webbing belt is lightweight and effective. The buckle doesn't seem too flimsy, but it is plastic so I am being very careful with it.

I tried on two sizes, and my normal size was super tight in the upper thigh. The next size up was just right in the upper thigh, but a little big in the waist, but the belt fixes that. The inside pockets are mesh, so things with sharp edges have a tendency to snag, but I haven't had any tears yet. The rear pockets are a velcro closure that works acceptably well. I do believe these are rated at 50 SPF, so that's a bonus.

Overall, I haven't had them that long, but for the few weeks I have, and the few times I've used them in real world conditions, they have held up very well and I am happy with their performance. I would recommend these to someone looking for a reasonably priced pair of all-purpose convertible pants.

Welcome to Trailspace, Chris. Thanks for sharing your pants review. I hope you'll keep us updated on how well they continue to perform.