Columbia Silver Ridge Long Sleeve Shirt

Regular Big Tall
Fabric 100% Nylon Basketweave 100% Nylon Basketweave 100% Nylon Basketweave
Sizes S - XXL 1X - 5X LT - 5XT
Price $50.00 USD $60.00 USD $60.00 USD

Awesome shirt, really versatile Among my favorite…

Summary

Awesome shirt, really versatile

Pros

• Light
  • Quick drying
  • Vented
  • Handsome
  • Versatile styling

Cons

• None

Among my favorite versatile shirts that work great as outdoor gear and casual/office wear. The material is very comfortable and the shirt strikes the perfect balance between outdoor functionality and casual wear versatility. Seriously, this thing can really help a guy "clean up good" when he needs to.

When put to more strenuous use, it has great technical properties — really light, dries in a big hurry, and offers shoulder vents in the back. It also fits wonderfully — appropriately sized and the soft material falls just right. If you have any of Columbia's PFG (performance fishing gear) shirts, be advised this one isn't cut as full and loose — but it's still not an athletic cut.  I'm 6'2" with long arms and the sleeves are long enough, which is appreciated, and the fact that it's not cotton means no shrinkage.

If you're looking for a hardcore fishing-only shirt, go with something like one of the Columbia's Bonehead shirts for the extra pockets and loops and the big caped vents on the back for maximum cooling.

If you want the best of all worlds, get this — light and airy with subtler performance styling. For what it's worth, I got the black night color and it's really handsome.

This travels well, and transitions from the office…

This travels well, and transitions from the office to the trail very easily. I ended up liking it so much, that I now own four of them. This fit is good and true, but a bit slim around the waist. (Maybe I just need to slim up a bit more.)

The sleeve length is good, even for my long arms. They roll up and secure nicely. The length of the shirt is good for me, I am 6' 3" and my XL is plenty long. The material is very cool, vents nicely and dries extremely quickly.