Columbia Snow Slope

For a tent that is hard to find info on, I found this…

Design: 3-4 season convertible?freestanding stretched dome
Ease of Setup: Easy even the first time, (5 minutes)
Weight: actual measured wieght-12 lbs
Price Paid: $120 cdn.

For a tent that is hard to find info on, I found this one to be a pleasant suprise. I live in southern Ontario, and own a few acres, so my 8-year-old daughter and I decided to give it a trial on December 25th. What started out as pleasant weather at -2C in the afternoon became -18C with 30mph gusts and six inches of snow by the middle of the night.

I was really pleased with the ventilation system with dual lower hooded vents and very adjustable upper vents (covered mesh). With this temp drop, condensation would have been a problem in many other tents, but this one stayed frost free once we got it figured out.

Nice poly tub floor with high sides and sealed seams, three pole fiberglass with a small pole for the overhang. No vestibule, but don't need one becauase this tent is almost 12 ft long, lots of room for gear. Overhead storage is well thought out and even comes with a neat clip-in folding cup holder. I realize that this tent is only considered a 3-season, but the only limitation I can see is the lack of all those extra poles, didn't need them as the snow just falls off. Very well made product, easy set-up, and a pleasing roomy design.

Columbia Snow Slope

The Snow Slope has been discontinued.

The Columbia Snow Slope is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.