Columbia Switchback Omni-Tech

Weight 13 oz / 380 g (Size 9.5)

This shoe literally is the most comfortable, lightest…

Price Paid: $60 or so

This shoe literally is the most comfortable, lightest shoe i have ever owned, I was about 6 weeks post

Achilles surgery and my Walmart sneakers "white" were killing my feet. I had to spend the next 3 days at a conference and walk around. So we went to Bass Pro.. Immediately upon walking with these shoes, it was like walking on a cloud.. no pain, no pressure points.. I insisted on wearing them out the door.

Now i am about 7 months post, and the comfort is still wonderful. The only downside is that the laces come untied unless i do the Sesame Street knot.. lol.. I would like to say these shoes saved my life, but that would be kinda corny.

Update: December 10, 2011

I have had these shoes for more than a year, the tread is still good, light as ever, easily washed and dried. They are showing a bit of wear inside the heel pocket.. nothing serious.

Still the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn.. surprisingly durable.

Quite a comfortable shoe. The inside felt like an…

Quite a comfortable shoe. The inside felt like an extra sock. I have wide feet, but this shoe gave me a lot of room.

It takes me a long time to find shoes because most hurt my feet or are too tight. Not this one. The soles are made to help with traction, and I agree since they are made with a sticky material. I am able to walk on moist moss covered rocks and stay upright.

One of my normal hiking trails hugs a mountain cliff with water coming down on the rocks I walk on. These shoes met the challenge. I feet also stayed warm and dry in 30 degree, rainy weather.

The only gripe I have is the material for the bottom of the shoes smells quite bad when brand new, I had to air them out overnight on the porch.

The shoe beats out North Face's rival product by a long shot.

Columbia Men's Switchback Omni-Tech

The Columbia Men's Switchback Omni-Tech is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.