Columbia Switchback Omni-Tech

Weight 13 oz / 380 g (Size 9.5)

This shoe literally is the most comfortable, lightest…

Price Paid: $60 or so

This shoe literally is the most comfortable, lightest shoe i have ever owned, I was about 6 weeks post

Achilles surgery and my Walmart sneakers "white" were killing my feet. I had to spend the next 3 days at a conference and walk around. So we went to Bass Pro.. Immediately upon walking with these shoes, it was like walking on a cloud.. no pain, no pressure points.. I insisted on wearing them out the door.

Now i am about 7 months post, and the comfort is still wonderful. The only downside is that the laces come untied unless i do the Sesame Street knot.. lol.. I would like to say these shoes saved my life, but that would be kinda corny.

Update: December 10, 2011

I have had these shoes for more than a year, the tread is still good, light as ever, easily washed and dried. They are showing a bit of wear inside the heel pocket.. nothing serious.

Still the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn.. surprisingly durable.

Quite a comfortable shoe. The inside felt like an…

Quite a comfortable shoe. The inside felt like an extra sock. I have wide feet, but this shoe gave me a lot of room.

It takes me a long time to find shoes because most hurt my feet or are too tight. Not this one. The soles are made to help with traction, and I agree since they are made with a sticky material. I am able to walk on moist moss covered rocks and stay upright.

One of my normal hiking trails hugs a mountain cliff with water coming down on the rocks I walk on. These shoes met the challenge. I feet also stayed warm and dry in 30 degree, rainy weather.

The only gripe I have is the material for the bottom of the shoes smells quite bad when brand new, I had to air them out overnight on the porch.

The shoe beats out North Face's rival product by a long shot.

Visit Columbia's Switchback Omni-Tech page.

From scrambling up dusty trails to hitting the summer streets, the Switchback from Columbia provides stabilizing comfort via a flexible midsole and dynamic grip for performance. The Omni-Grip rubber outsoles are designed to grip loose dirt and gravel combined with a durable and rugged perimeter for weighted packing.

- Mountain Gear

Slip into the Switchback for low-profile support that looks as good on the street as it does on the singletrack. Our revolutionary new Techlite heel moves dense stabilizing elements to the outside (putting softer material directly against your foot) to provide a cushioned and conforming fit to alleviate pain and irritation where trail runners told us they felt it most. Omni-Grip traction on the rubber sole grips rocks, dirt, mud and just about anything else you encounter on off-road adventures. Breathable mesh and a soft material in the flex zones mean superior comfort with great agility and ease of movement. The gusseted tongue keeps out rocks, sticks, and dirt while light, sinewy overlays offer additional protection without adding unnecessary bulk. FEATURES: Open breathable mesh tongue and vamp. , Gusseted tongue to keep out unwanted debris. , Light and sinewy synthetic overlays for support and protection, Contour Comfort 1D footbed with AgION anti-odor treatment, Removable contoured, single-density EVA footbed, which provides cushioning, comfort and support, Low profile Techlite midsole for nimble, flexible feel in a lightweight package, Non-marking Omni-Grip rubber compound with a rugged trail design, Weight: Size 9, ½ pair = 13.9oz/395g, Imported,

- Columbia

Lightweight without sacrificing durability, the Columbia Switchback Hiking Shoes for Men are fit for any outdoor adventure. The Omni-Grip(R) outsole provides superior traction and durability for when you're climbing over rocks or maneuvering through a stream. The Men's Switchback features a synthetic upper incorporated with breathable mesh to allow for maximum climate control. The Contour Comfort(TM) 1D footbed ensures that your dogs won't be barking when you're in the middle of a 20 mile hike, and the AgION(R) anti-odor treatment ensures that the rest of your party won't be making you walk home alone after the 20 mile hike.

- Altrec Outdoors

CLOSEOUTS . Run in comfort and style with Columbia Footwear's Switchback trail running shoes, featuring Omni-Tech(R) waterproof breathable protection. The supportive Contour Comfort(R) footbed is treated with AgION(R) to fight odor, so your feet stay fresh mile after mile. Omni-Tech(R) waterproof breathable protection Open breathable mesh tongue and vamp Gusseted tongue to keep out unwanted debris Light and sinewy synthetic overlays for support and protection Contour Comfort(R) 1D footbed with AgION(R) anti-odor treatment Removable contoured, single-density EVA footbed, which provides cushioning, comfort and support Low-profile TechLite(R) midsole for nimble, flexible feel in a lightweight package Non-marking Omni-Grip(R) rubber outsole provides excellent traction on wet and dry surfaces Weight: 1 lb. 8 oz. pr. Medium width Made in Vietnam Visit our Shoe Sizing Guide Available Colors: BLACK/INTENSE RED. Sizes: 7, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17.

- Sierra Trading Post

Columbia Men's Switchback Omni-Tech

The Columbia Men's Switchback Omni-Tech is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.