Columbia Tamiami II Short Sleeve Shirt

men's
Fabric 100% Polyester Ripstop

Lightweight, breathable shirt perfect for day hikes…

Price Paid: $30 on sale

Summary

Lightweight, breathable shirt perfect for day hikes or backpacking. It is quick drying and doesn't wrinkle easily also making is perfect for traveling. Soft fabric and snap closures which make it difficult to snag on branches or gear.

Pros

• Soft fabric
  • Strong snap closures instead of buttons
  • Breathability
  • Available in a variety of colors
  • Sunblocking fabric

Cons

• Thin fabric makes me unsure of longevity

I found this shirt on the sale rack at Bass Pro Shops and picked it up for hiking trips. I would say it runs mostly true to size but a little on the large side. Normally I wear women's Medium size shirts but the small version of this shirt fits me perfectly. Because it is specifically a women's shirt, it is tailored as such and has curves on the sides which I like over the straight-sided men's or unisex shirts. The fabric is very soft and breathable. The shirt also has a back vent which is nice.

I brought this shirt on a backpacking trip and was amazed that even after being stuffed into the bottom of my pack it was hardly wrinkled which is great because it never needs to be ironed, just wash, dry, and hang. While it is not water resistant, it does dry quickly. On said backpacking trip, it rained the whole time and this shirt was always one of my first items to dry in a shelter.

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about its odor absorbency. After wearing the shirt just one day on the trail it started to smell, but that is to be expected.  I did not try it, but I would imagine it would be easy enough to wash with biodegradable soap since it dries quickly.

The shirt also claims to have built in SPF 50, which I like because I have very fair skin. I have worn this shirt hiking a few times in direct sun with little shade and it has protected me well. Because it is so lightweight it is perfect to wear on a hot day. I have also layered it and worn it over a tighter-fitting performance t-shirt with no problem.

I have also noticed that my backpack straps rubbing on it have not worn down the fabric at all, although I have only had it for a few months so I'm not sure about long term use.  I will definitely consider buying additional shirts like this, specifically with long sleeves.

1263896_10151660169646935_1113028033_o2.

This shirt does everything exactly as advertised.

Fabric: synthetic
Fill: none

This shirt does everything exactly as advertised. It is perfectly at home on the water in the heat of Summer at Lake Powell. Breathes like no other shirt I've worn. So soft. The finest fishing shirt I've ever owned. Period.

Visit Columbia's Men's Tamiami II Short Sleeve Shirt page.

Pull on the Columbia Men's Tamiami II Short-Sleeve Shirt for a day of wading through trout streams and hiking along the river. This lightweight-fabric button-up offers some shade for your shoulders in the middle of a wide open river. It wicks sweat away while you hike in the sun and dries quickly in case you take a tumble and swamp your waders. A rod holder on the chest lets you change flies with both hands, and deep chest pockets leave room to stash gear when you don't want to wear a vest.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

Columbia Tamiami II Short Sleeve Shirt - New - Ideal for longer trips, our lightest-weight fishing shirt features antimicrobial properties to keep it fresh and odor-free over multiple wearings.Quick-drying fabric wicks moisture and offers outstanding sun protection while mesh-lined vents provide maximum airflow for breathable comfort. Constructed with feminine seaming, notched sleeves for enhanced mobility, and hidden zippered security pockets along the front seams to keep small gear within easy reach. For added versatility, sleeves can be rolled up and secured with a button tab. Authentic fit.100% polyester, Omni-Dry advanced evaporation, Omni-Shade sun protection; UPF 40, Rod holder, Imported

- Massey's Outfitters refers to the men's version

Designed for cool comfort and functionality over the long haul, this performance button up is crafted from ultra-light ripstop fabric that?s wicking and sun-shielding, with mesh-lined venting at center back.

- RockCreek refers to the men's version

Quick-drying fabric wicks moisture, offers outstanding sun protection, and has antimicrobial properties to keep it fresh and odor-free over multi-day trips. It also features plenty of stretch for enhanced range of motion that's key when casting. At the back shoulder, mesh-lined cape vents provide maximum airflow for breathable comfort. At the front chest, you'll find deep pockets for stashing gear and a rod holder for hands-free convenience.

- Rocky Mountain Trail refers to the men's version