Columbia Titanium Spago XCR

OK, I broke these in for a number of months with simple…

Materials: Nylon, leather, gore-tex, "dri-lex", vibram
Use: hiking
Break-in Period: a week
Weight: dunno, maybe 14 oz. Feel light.

OK, I broke these in for a number of months with simple walking and bike-riding. All seemed well for a cheap pair of Gore-tex trail shoes. Then I went for a brief, 3-4 day hike in Yosemite...I'm not utilizing dramatic license when I say that I burned these shoes when I got home.

My feet were bruised and *bleeding* in multiple places, and the constant compensation necessitated by my various foot wounds threw out my back and my knee-no matter what I did to adjust the lacing something went wrong. The soles held traction fairly well, but the jagged rocks on Yosemite trails weren't softened too much.

These would probably be fine for day hikes on soft, soily trails, or perhaps as a pair of waterproof-ish yard shoes.