Columbia Titanium Spago XCR

OK, I broke these in for a number of months with simple…

Materials: Nylon, leather, gore-tex, "dri-lex", vibram
Use: hiking
Break-in Period: a week
Weight: dunno, maybe 14 oz. Feel light.

OK, I broke these in for a number of months with simple walking and bike-riding. All seemed well for a cheap pair of Gore-tex trail shoes. Then I went for a brief, 3-4 day hike in Yosemite...I'm not utilizing dramatic license when I say that I burned these shoes when I got home.

My feet were bruised and *bleeding* in multiple places, and the constant compensation necessitated by my various foot wounds threw out my back and my knee-no matter what I did to adjust the lacing something went wrong. The soles held traction fairly well, but the jagged rocks on Yosemite trails weren't softened too much.

These would probably be fine for day hikes on soft, soily trails, or perhaps as a pair of waterproof-ish yard shoes.

CLOSEOUTS . This racy, multicolored shoe from Columbia Footwear is all about stability, thanks to its cross-terrain XTS suspension system for steady footing on uneven trails. Waterproof and super breathable, it features Gore-Tex(R) XCR(R) protection. Dri-Lex(R) wicking lining Low-profile Vibram(R) outsole Forward-propelled lug system Suede and synthetic uppers Weight: 2 lb. pr. Medium width CLOSEOUTS . Vietnam. See our Running Shoe Fit Guide

- Sierra Trading Post

Stiffer than a trail runner and lighter than a hiking boot, the Columbia Mens Titanium Spago XCR Hiking Shoes are ideal for fast-packing trips where durability and performance are as important as light weight.

- Backcountry Outlet

Columbia Titanium Spago XCR

The Titanium Spago XCR has been discontinued.

The Columbia Titanium Spago XCR is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 11, 2008 at GearTrade.