Columbia Trail Grinder 32L

Might be too big for a day pack. Lots of zippered…

Price Paid: Less than $30 on sale at Sierra Trading Post

Summary

Might be too big for a day pack. Lots of zippered pockets. Great for Mom or the Leader who is carrying the first aid kit, and other essential items.

Pros

• Lots of pockets

Cons

• A little bigger than needed for a day pack

I bought this pack on sale at Sierra Trading Post for less than $30. It is probably too large for a daypack and might be better as an overnight camping pack. I tend to want to put too much in it when I use it for the day.

It has lot of pockets places to store items. It has two waterbottle pockets. It has two zipper pockets in the belt. It has at least four packets on the back itself. I like all those pockets because I am an "organizer" and don't want to dig through a "bucket" type bag.

Normally I carry an external frame pack, so I find this pack to be a little "sweaty" for my back. The straps are comfortable and it carries well. The frame is not adjustable. It is well-constructed and although I have only used it a couple of times for day hikes this year, I think it will wear well.

It is not the lightest pack, but it will probably last longer because the material is thicker. Very good buy for the money, but risky buying something I had not tried on first. I only purchased it because of the cost and because Sierra has a good return policy. It is a bright red and blue so you could certainly see me if I fell off the mountain or something...

If you've owned or used a Columbia Trail Grinder 32L, please share your experience.

Columbia Trail Grinder 32L

The Columbia Trail Grinder 32L is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 27, 2013 at Altrec Outlet.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.

Dimensions 20 in x 12 in x 11 in