I looked far and wide to find any boot that would…

Materials: Leather/Rubber
Use: Hiking on/off trail, light backpacking
Break-in Period: very little
Weight: 3lbs

I looked far and wide to find any boot that would hold my size 17's and finally found one! For this I am grateful, and then to have a decent boot on top of that is gravy! This boot is an attractive color scheme with Columbia's own outsole, and their guaranteed waterproof Omni-Dry liner. Manufacturer's spec's say to not use any waterproofing on it, but after I few month's I used a spray to keep the water beeding up. I have walked through standing water 6" deep, and done plenty of snowshoeing in these babies and always stayed dry and breathed well.

They are pretty comfortable right out of the box, with little break in needed. The support is in the light-midweight range at the ankles, but the soles let you feel the rocks when carrying heavy loads on multi-day backpacking trips. They are of better quality than a lot of the other Columbia boots that I've seen, and would certainly get another pair when the time arrives.