Columbia Utilizer II Pant

I have these pants in "tank" color, which is like…

Fabric: Cotton/nylon

I have these pants in "tank" color, which is like the darkest olive-green in a traditional jungle camo pattern.

Gussetted seat and knee areas make for great hiking pants. No binding or tightness anywhere, yet the tailored, flat front fit is very nice and suitable for business casual, particularly if you remove the zipper pulls on the pockets (I do not).

Pockets are canted and easy to get your hands into, and the OmniDry keeps light precip and stains at bay. I splattered some coffee on these and wiped the beaded liquid off immediately, leaving no trace of my mishap.

They are warm to moderately cool-weather pants as advertised. My wife likes their style and fit a lot, so much so that she didn't realize that they are "hiking pants". This is a real plus, 'cause she doesn't like the "mountain man look" (San Diego surfer girl since birth).

I gave them a 4.5 because they need one more thigh pocket on the left leg to match the right, making them more trail versatile. A nice effort overall.

If you've owned or used a Columbia Utilizer II Pant, please share your experience.

Columbia Utilizer II Pant

The Utilizer II Pant has been discontinued.

The Columbia Utilizer II Pant is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 23, 2012 at Altrec Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new hiking pant, check out the best reviewed current models.