Affordable and durable hikers that offer waterproof…

Summary

Affordable and durable hikers that offer waterproof protection at a low price point and pretty good comfort.

Pros

• Affordable
  • Waterproof
  • True to size

Cons

• A bit stiff out of the box
  • Would like more collar padding

I have owned a bunch of Columbia hikers over the years and am a fan of the brand. These boots are a good value, particularly since they have the Omni-Tech waterproofing which has worked well for me.

The style is fairly understated and the construction is typical Columbia — really well made and promise to be very durable. I have yet to have any of my Columbia hikers crap out on me in any way aside from friction eventually doing its thing and wearing the soles down.

These are comfortable though just a bit stiff out of the box and they offer good support and traction. They are true to size and work fine for my slightly wide foot.

The one thing that stands out about these boots is that they don't have a lot of padding around the collar. They are decently lightweight and admittedly haven't proven to cause me any discomfort, but I would like to see a bit more padding especially for extended multi-day treks.

But like I said, so far no discomfort so I would still consider these if you're in the market for some affordable and durable waterproof hikers. Overall they get two thumbs up.