Columbia Whidbey II Water Short

The Columbia Whidbey II shorts are a fantastic pair…

Summary

The Columbia Whidbey II shorts are a fantastic pair of shorts that are quite versatile. Whether you are hiking, swimming, or playing a sport, these shorts will keep you going and keep you cool!

Pros

• Built-in belt
  • Zippered back pocket
  • Mesh liner
  • Mesh pockets

Cons

• Belt slips when weighed down

I bought these shorts this past spring and have worn them A LOT this spring and summer! These shorts are a well-fitting and relaxed pair of shorts with an elastic waist and built-in belt. You can keep them comfortably fitting or cinch them down if the trail gets rugged or you need to dive into a swimming hole and not show the world everything you have!

They are great in the outdoors because they are so versatile. I enjoy knowing that they are going to be comfortable all day long on a hike and keep me cool and that I can keep these same shorts on if I want to go for a swim. The SPF 50 brings peace of mind as well floating down the creek in a canoe or kayak. These shorts dry pretty quick and are comfortable even when wet.

I have noticed that the built-in belt loosens up fairly easily when I have a lot of stuff in my pockets, which is a downfall. When hiking I put the heavier things that I would normally have in my pocket in an easy to get to place in my pack. This is only an issue when the trail is a bit more strenuous. It is not a problem in a situation such as walking around town.

I have worn these shorts every week since May (most of the time multiple times a week) and the shorts have held up very well so far. I have been through some rough stuff in them and they have not failed me yet.

I highly recommend these shorts for most outdoor activities in the summer!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought the size Medium shorts which should have an 8" inseam; the inseam is actually 7.5"

Total Weight: 7.1 oz.

Un-stretched waist: 32"

Stretched waist: 36"

Shell: 100% Nylon

Liner: 100% Polyester

Weight:

Walmart swim trunks! $6 on fall clearance.

Ben Rivers

@G00SE I'll have to go check 'em out!

Lightweight textured nylon poplin gives the Columbia Men's Whidbey II Water Short quick-dry convenience so you're not paddling down the river in soggy shorts. The Whidbey II also offers UPF 50-rated sun protection when you're sitting in the cockpit of a kayak and includes an interior mesh brief and a zip-closed back pocket to keep your valuables safe.

Columbia Whidbey II Water Short - Sale - 100% Nylon, Relaxed fit, upf 50 omni-shade, back zip-closed security pocket, Interior security pocket, interior mesh brief, Machine washable, Imported.

- Massey's Outfitters

Omni-Shade UPF 50 sun protection Quick dry Interior mesh brief Zip-closed security pocket 100% textured nylon poplin. Imported.

- Ramsey Outdoor

Whether you are swimming, kayaking or fishing, the Columbia Whidbey II Water Shorts for men are durable, quick drying, and will shield your skin with UPF 50 sun protection.

- Altrec Outlet

Lightweight nylon water shorts quick-dry for convenience and utilize UPF 50-rated sun protection.

- Rocky Mountain Trail