Columbia Whidbey II Water Short

The Columbia Whidbey II shorts are a fantastic pair…

Summary

The Columbia Whidbey II shorts are a fantastic pair of shorts that are quite versatile. Whether you are hiking, swimming, or playing a sport, these shorts will keep you going and keep you cool!

Pros

• Built-in belt
  • Zippered back pocket
  • Mesh liner
  • Mesh pockets

Cons

• Belt slips when weighed down

I bought these shorts this past spring and have worn them A LOT this spring and summer! These shorts are a well-fitting and relaxed pair of shorts with an elastic waist and built-in belt. You can keep them comfortably fitting or cinch them down if the trail gets rugged or you need to dive into a swimming hole and not show the world everything you have!

They are great in the outdoors because they are so versatile. I enjoy knowing that they are going to be comfortable all day long on a hike and keep me cool and that I can keep these same shorts on if I want to go for a swim. The SPF 50 brings peace of mind as well floating down the creek in a canoe or kayak. These shorts dry pretty quick and are comfortable even when wet.

I have noticed that the built-in belt loosens up fairly easily when I have a lot of stuff in my pockets, which is a downfall. When hiking I put the heavier things that I would normally have in my pocket in an easy to get to place in my pack. This is only an issue when the trail is a bit more strenuous. It is not a problem in a situation such as walking around town.

I have worn these shorts every week since May (most of the time multiple times a week) and the shorts have held up very well so far. I have been through some rough stuff in them and they have not failed me yet.

I highly recommend these shorts for most outdoor activities in the summer!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought the size Medium shorts which should have an 8" inseam; the inseam is actually 7.5"

Total Weight: 7.1 oz.

Un-stretched waist: 32"

Stretched waist: 36"

Shell: 100% Nylon

Liner: 100% Polyester

Weight:

Walmart swim trunks! $6 on fall clearance.

Ben Rivers

@G00SE I'll have to go check 'em out!