Columbia Wildcard III Softshell

I just purchased this coat after comparing it with…

I just purchased this coat after comparing it with other brands like Salomon and North Face at the store. The Wildcard 3 felt the most roomy and flexible of the coats. The coat is also light and I can wear my pack comfortably over it. The price of $155 was the best deal as far as quality goes.

The inner mesh pockets are perfect for my gloves and hat. I am comfortable at the freezing temp. and the wind did not bother me where the jacket covered. The hood is also insulated and keeps my head warm. I had to remove my wool cap after awhile because I was sweating.

The hood does not protect extremity of face from wind though. The removable powder protector is also good against strong winds. The wind does not travel up from bottom of jacket.

I really enjoyed the last winter hike on the mountains with this jacket.