Coyote Organics Desert Shell

Not everybody needs this level of sun protection,…

Fabric: Cotton

Not everybody needs this level of sun protection, but I do and I’m glad somebody finally got around to making something I could use. It’s looser fitting than most shells, but once I got used to it, I found that it did its job well. I feel safe in the sun and it handles heat well.

If you live someplace where UV exposure is a major concern, I can’t think of anything you can wear every day that works as well as this. "Every day" is the main point. One of the problems with most serious sun protective clothes is that they’re odd looking, so I buy them and then they sit in my closet. This shell on the other hand, is modest and utilitarian looking, which I like.

I wish they had male and female sizes rather than unisex. But after owning one for a while I find that I keep coming back to it, especially for gardening and walking, the two times when I worry most about the sun.