Craghoppers Kiwi Convertible Trousers

Overall a very good product. Great for hot weather…

Price Paid: £19

Summary

Overall a very good product. Great for hot weather traveling but there are a few problems using them hiking, as the zips seem to unzip when going up steep hills, as there is too much pressure on them.

Pros

• Quick-drying
  • Convertible

Cons

• Not so durable
  • Over-convertible

The first thing I must say is, these trousers are a great fit and very comfortable. For sitting in planes or trains etc. these are the trousers to be wearing.

There are no points to adjust the waist or legs apart from the zip, which I will come to later on. You do get a belt with the product but I found that this was fairly useless, as it just undid itself.

During hot weather, I have never found the trousers to get even a little damp with sweat, which was good! This was partly due to the fact tat I had removed the lower legs.

These are primarily summer trousers, but I have used hem in sub zero temps with a pair o long johns and a waterproof over, and I am perfectly toasty.

Now to the pretty bad parts. First is durability. It is pretty awful, I sat down on a rock, as you some times need to do to tie a lace or whatever. Any way, they ripped. So now I am going round with a patch over my rear end!

Secondly, when I was using these on a hike, we needed to go up quite a steep hill. When I stepped up at some points, the two sides of the zip would come apart, thus meaning that I had to stop every ten minutes or so to redo the zip.

So there you have it, the Kiwi convertibles.

Craghoppers Kiwi Convertible Trousers

No price on record.

The Craghoppers Kiwi Convertible Trousers is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new hiking pant, check out the best reviewed current models.