Crazy Creek Crazy Crib with Tarp

This is the same one that several scouts and scouts…

This is the same one that several scouts and scouts in my Boy Scout Troop used and recommended. I'm 6'3" tall and weigh over 300 lbs. I have used this several times with great success every time and others are buying hammocks because of my use of this. I always get attention at Camporees and outings. I find it easy in and easy out. It has rained several times and I'm always dry.

The main problem with a hammock is getting your shoes on while not stepping in the mud. I've slept on hill sides and even lashed to poles of a pavilion. As long as you have trees to hang from you're good to go.

The prices have come down on these in more recent years making them an even more essential camping must have. The strap system took a few minute to figure out, but since then I have had no problem lashing to trees as small as 4 inches in diameter.

Again this is a great way to camp. Very comfy. I would suggest getting a wider pad through because the hammock compresses to the sides reducing insulation of your bag. Oh, and I prefer foam pads to inflatables.

Fast Free Shipping on orders over $50. Crazy Cribs are complete personal shelters that are great for backpacking, car camping, sea kayaking, trekking, beaches, backyards, rafting... wherever you want exceptionally comfortable off-the-ground sleeping. Our basic crib is made from durable 70D coated nylon. Crazy Tarp, made from 70D coated ripstop with waterproof taped seams, provides protection against rain and snow. Includes guy lines, stakes and stuff sack.

- Powderfin.com

Dream of working in the hammock division but worry about rain? The Crazy Creek Crazy Crib w/ Tarp has you covered in the most literal sense possible. This awesome combo works great as a set, and both hammock and tarp are good on their own, too. The Crib is a portable hammock that's small enough to carry with you in a daypack and sets up easily with adjustable webbing straps, a blessing for all you knot-impaired folks. The included Crazy Tarp (this is, by and large, a crazy deal on a crazy setup and therefore crazy) has enough guy-out points to let it stretch out fully regardless of the local flora configuration, crazy though it may be. Together or separate, the Crazy Crib w/ Tarp set makes a great addition to any campsite or backyard you'd be crazy to pass up.

The Crazy Creek Crazy Crib w/ Tarp combines a portable hammock and tarp that are great alone or together.

- Backcountry Outlet

Crazy Creek Crazy Crib with Tarp

The Crazy Creek Crazy Crib with Tarp is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 10, 2010 at Powderfin.com.

If you're looking for a new hammock, check out the best reviewed current models.