Crazy Creek Crazy Crib with Tarp

This is the same one that several scouts and scouts…

This is the same one that several scouts and scouts in my Boy Scout Troop used and recommended. I'm 6'3" tall and weigh over 300 lbs. I have used this several times with great success every time and others are buying hammocks because of my use of this. I always get attention at Camporees and outings. I find it easy in and easy out. It has rained several times and I'm always dry.

The main problem with a hammock is getting your shoes on while not stepping in the mud. I've slept on hill sides and even lashed to poles of a pavilion. As long as you have trees to hang from you're good to go.

The prices have come down on these in more recent years making them an even more essential camping must have. The strap system took a few minute to figure out, but since then I have had no problem lashing to trees as small as 4 inches in diameter.

Again this is a great way to camp. Very comfy. I would suggest getting a wider pad through because the hammock compresses to the sides reducing insulation of your bag. Oh, and I prefer foam pads to inflatables.

Crazy Creek Crazy Crib with Tarp

The Crazy Creek Crazy Crib with Tarp is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 10, 2010 at Powderfin.com.

If you're looking for a new hammock, check out the best reviewed current models.