Crazy Creek Crazy Crib

This is a good lightweight hammock for hot summer,…

Source: bought it used

Summary

This is a good lightweight hammock for hot summer, bug-free situations.

Pros

• Packable
  • Easy to hang
  • Does not slip and harm trees

Cons

• No bug netting
  • Rain cover not included

I am a lover of hammocks! Why sleep on the ground if you don’t have too? I purchased my Crazy Crib last fall at a thrift store for only $4 it had no rips, tears, stains, etc... In fact it appeared to be brand new. I have owned 4 hammocks and this one by far is my favorite hammock for dry summer, bug-free situations. That being said this would not be a good choice during peak mosquito season or heavy rains.

They do however have a hammock that will cover you in those conditions. Maybe this summer I’ll have to try their other hammock out, any who. The Crib is easy to hang. The straps wrap around the tree and clasp through a buckle, it takes me roughly one minute to hang and level out the Crib.

I have also used the hammock as a ground cloth in the desert when no trees were available. I just slipped my Crazy Creek Hex 2.0 Power lounger inside it to help with insulation and slept like a baby. There was a little condensation found inside in the morning and the bottom was very wet. This made it hard to remove the wet sand before packing.

This is a simple lightweight hammock that would be perfect for hanging in the backyard or around camp. You can even crawl inside it and stay dry in a lite rainstorm. In a heavy downpour run for your car or come prepared with a tarp. The packed weight is 23oz which makes it a good lightweight hammock for summer. It is made from 70D coated nylon.

If you've owned or used a Crazy Creek Crazy Crib, please share your experience.

Crazy Creek Crazy Crib

The Crazy Creek Crazy Crib is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 14, 2013 at Altrec Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new hammock, check out the best reviewed current models.