Crazy Creek Hex 2.0 Original Camp Chair

Lightweight, super portable, versatile backpacking…

Summary

Lightweight, super portable, versatile backpacking chair. Easy setup and take down, and packs up nice and compact.

Pros

• Weight
  • Packability
  • Easy to set up
  • Adjustable

Cons

• Price
  • Not the most cushioned

I did a lot of research before choosing this chair for my backpacking trips. I wanted something that was light, packable, versatile, comfortable and tough. This chair meets all requirements.

It only weighs 21 ounces and rolls up nice and tight with a built-in strap to tighten it up. I strap it to the lid of my backpack. It is great to be able to have a nice place to rest in the middle of a backpacking trip.

The chair is super easy to set up—unroll it, fold it to whatever angle you choose and click together the adjustable straps. You can set the straps at a 45 degree angle and rock in the chair with your legs up, you can keep them at a 90 degree angle and stretch your legs out, or loosen them even more and recline a bit. I lay it out flat to serve as my camp kitchen as well.

When I'm done, I fold it back up in half (dirty side out), roll it up and cinch the strap around it.

I shopped around and was able to save a little bit by finding it on sale, but it is a mid priced chair. And it's not the most padded chair around, but for my needs, it is a perfect fit.

Thanks, Teri!

KiwiKlimber

Nice review, Teri. If you're looking for a Crazy Creek chair with some more padding, check out the CC Air Chair. I reviewed the Compact version (http://www.trailspace.com/gear/crazy-creek/air-chair-compact/#review33316) but also heard good things about the Plus version.

1 month ago