Crazy Creek Hex 2.0 Original Camp Chair

Lightweight, super portable, versatile backpacking…

Lightweight, super portable, versatile backpacking chair. Easy setup and take down, and packs up nice and compact.

• Weight
  • Packability
  • Easy to set up
  • Adjustable

• Price
  • Not the most cushioned

I did a lot of research before choosing this chair for my backpacking trips. I wanted something that was light, packable, versatile, comfortable and tough. This chair meets all requirements.

It only weighs 21 ounces and rolls up nice and tight with a built-in strap to tighten it up. I strap it to the lid of my backpack. It is great to be able to have a nice place to rest in the middle of a backpacking trip.

The chair is super easy to set up—unroll it, fold it to whatever angle you choose and click together the adjustable straps. You can set the straps at a 45 degree angle and rock in the chair with your legs up, you can keep them at a 90 degree angle and stretch your legs out, or loosen them even more and recline a bit. I lay it out flat to serve as my camp kitchen as well.

When I'm done, I fold it back up in half (dirty side out), roll it up and cinch the strap around it.

I shopped around and was able to save a little bit by finding it on sale, but it is a mid priced chair. And it's not the most padded chair around, but for my needs, it is a perfect fit.

Thanks, Teri!

Nice review, Teri. If you're looking for a Crazy Creek chair with some more padding, check out the CC Air Chair. I reviewed the Compact version ( but also heard good things about the Plus version.

Saved my back. Sometimes, hiking when you're a middle…

Saved my back.

• Light
  • Compact
  • Easy setup
  • Easy packing

• None

Sometimes, hiking when you're a middle aged mother of three who's broken her spine in three places can be a wee bit stressful on the back.

With this chair, I can take a break anywhere and recline fully supported and comfy and rest so I can enjoy the rest of my hike. I have read that completely open, it can double up as a half sleeping pad...  my jury's still out on this, lol.

It's super light and tough as nails, sets up in seconds and rolls nice and tight. I can fit mine inside my pack, or outside in the side stretch pocket and secured with the compression strap, or below or above.

Wow! Broken spine? I'd say you are the one as "tough as nails!" Thanks for posting.

1 year ago

Yikes on the broken spine! I hope it's completely healed.

1 year ago