Crispi Nevada GTX

Possibly the WORST ITALIAN MADE BOOT since well....

Summary

Possibly the WORST ITALIAN MADE BOOT since well.... Italy has made boots!!! Now owned by the gentlemen (Our Friendly Confidants & Capitalists ) @Camofire.com and @BlackOvis.com. Not only are these fellows closing local shops with their one off major brand sales, they are also the NEW North American Distributor for Crispi Boots.

This has proven to be a disaster in the past and will continue now that they are a direct to customer model for $500 plus boots. These boots have proven themselves a relative loser to the competition over and over. Let's just say this, if they fail good luck getting your money back or returning for warranty issue.

Pros

Cons

• Cost
  • Durability
  • Manufacturing
  • Returns

I hear that a MAJOR vendor may start carrying these again and ohhh boy are they in for a ride. Last three months MAX before rand and sole separation. Look luck on your next big hunt with these!!!

Welcome to Trailspace, Roger. Have you used the Nevada model boots? If so, can you provide some pictures and/or other info on how they failed for you? Thanks!

Roger, I was wondering if you could be more specific on why these boots are the "worst." Was it the sole, the upper, or something else? How long did they last? Details really help when recommending for or against a product.

Great boot! Naturally wide and no break-in. I spent…

Summary

Great boot! Naturally wide and no break-in. I spent a lot of time and money on La Sportiva, Salomon, Vasque, North Face, Kennetrek and Meindl. Crispi are the only ones that fit me well and accommodate my wide toe box and narrow heel.

Pros

• Comfort
  • Support
  • Traction
  • Stiff Sole

Cons

• Cost
  • semi-insulated

I got mine through Miles Munger. Nobody sells them in Denver and none of the other so-called distributors would ship for free. Miles Munger of Crispi NA (crispi.usa) shipped me six different sizes and styles to try. As long as they weren't worn outside or dirty, he took them back and refunded my money.

I kept the Nevada as it felt like a glove and I prefer an 8-inch boot. I use gaiters if the snow gets deep. It is my early to late fall elk boot and wish I had learned of Crispi sooner. It would have saved my feet a lot of pain, blisters and blackened toenails.

I know someone gave Miles a bad review back in 2012, but take any review with some skepticism and know that whatever problem one person had, 10 others had a great experience.

----

Welcome to Trailspace, DLF. Thanks for sharing your Crispi review. Got any pictures of your boots you could show in your review?

Thanks for the company update, DLF. Did you see that the Crispi.it site has the following warning pop up now? "A FORMER DISTRIBUTOR AND DEALER OF CRISPI SPORT IS OPERATING WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION THE INTERNET SITE www.crispiusa.com IN RESPECT OF WHICH WE ARE RECEIVING COMPLAINTS BY SEVERAL CUSTOMERS.

THIS SITE IS NOT AN OFFICIAL OR APPROVED CRISPI SPORT SITE NOR ITS OPERATIONS ARE IN ANY WAY RELATED TO CRISPI SPORT. CRISPI SPORT HAS CEASED ANTY RELATIONSHIP WITH THE OPERATOR OF THIS SITE AND NO LONGER SUPPLIES IT.

CRISPI SPORT IS WORKING TO HAVE THIS SITE CLOSED. IN THE MEANTIME PLEASE REPORT ANY COMPLAINT ALSO TO US. TO THE EXTENT POSSIBLE CRISPI SPORT WILL TRY TO PROVIDE ASSISTANCE."

Unethical business. I'm writing this review not about…

Summary

Unethical business.

Pros

• None, nada, nothing!

Cons

• Thieves

I'm writing this review not about the quality of the boots, but the poor business practices of this organization.

I purchased a pair of Nevadas from the website. They came in the wrong size. No problem, I called Miles and he emailed me a shipper to send them back, which I did the same day. I received the correct size and tried them on for fit and found they didn't fit me in the toe box.

I called Miles again and explained the problem and asked to send them back for a refund. Note, I wore them for five minutes, in the living room, on the carpet as to not cause a problem with returning the item. Had they fit, I would have gone through the normal break in.

Now the problem: I returned the boots via UPS and tracked them to make sure they made it back. It's been five months and I have not received my refund. I have continually tried to reach out to Miles and find out if there was a problem with the return. I've sent several emails to the website and to Miles trying to resolve the issue but have failed. He doesn't take calls anymore and there is no response to emails.

Currently, the website's phone number is offline and you can't send any comments to them from the "Contact Us" tab on the website. Looks like I'm out $429 plus shipping.

If you choose to purchase products from Crispi, good luck. I've done my due diligence in trying to inform the public of my experience.

That's unfortunate, Ty. Have you tried notifying the Better Business Bureau?

1 year ago
JasonP BRAND REP

Calle Me - Miles is no longer part of Crispi Italy. I can help you and any others on this site with issues with Crispi - jason@crispius.com - email me and trust me...your issues will be dealt with. We are plan to relaunch this brand as it was meant to be by ITALY not an american dreamer... call asap and your boot issues will be taken care of immediately.

JasonP BRAND REP

ANYONE here with issues needs to email Jason@crispius.com for any issue. thx

Felt broken in right out of the box. Very comfortable…

Summary

Felt broken in right out of the box. Very comfortable with great ankle support. Great traction for the snow and ice here in North Dakota.

Pros

• very water proof
  • ankle support

Cons

• maybe a bit heavier than I wanted

I wear these boots every day at work and play. I am on my feet all day long outside in the snow, sleet, rain, mud, mostly off road where it is very rough. I also use them for upland bird hunting, deer hunting, and fishing.

I abuse my footwear. Most boots don't last me 7 months and they are trashed. These Crispis are really holding their own. I am very happy with them, let you know more after a year.

Great, great boots. Wore for 1 mile hike than went…

Summary

Great, great boots. Wore for 1 mile hike than went to CO. Put on many miles. Unbelievable comfort.

Pros

• Fit/comfort
  • Support

Cons

• Only the price, but my feet thank me

I was on my feet in CO 13 hours a day. At the end of the day when I took them off, my feet felt like they had not even been out for a hike. I am in my 50s and have hunted the West for almost 40 years and have never had boots that didn't fatigue my feet, until now.

Great support. Kept feet dry and warm. Have great grip on rocks. If I could afford to, I would be wearing these every day. No break-in required.

Crispi Nevada GTX

The Crispi Nevada GTX is not available from the stores we monitor.