Dana Design ArcAltitude JetPack

Very comfortable backpack -- however, I have a slim…

Size: ~3000
Number of Pockets: 3
Max. Load Carried: 30 lbs
Height of Owner: 5'9"

Very comfortable backpack -- however, I have a slim upper body -- and my friend borrowed this pack for a two night trip last summer and hated it.. but he said it didn't fit well. He is very "thick" so to speak.... and the unique hip belt design didn't really come around his large frame.

I, on the other hand, really love this pack. For summer, it is my pack of choice for several nights out -- and the back U-shaped pocket works well. I don't like it as a day pack unless you need to carry a lot of gear (climbing, winter day etc). It doesn't feel right when not loaded.... a bit big for a short hike.

Great pack! As with all Dana backpacks this pack is…

Size: 3300
Number of Pockets: 3
Max. Load Carried: 35lbs
Height of Owner: 5'8''

Great pack! As with all Dana backpacks this pack is made to last and has. Top load with great suspension under 40 pounds. I love the daisy chain on the back. It is always usefull for sandals and other things. Has side straps for compression or for holding tent polls or a sleeping pad. My only two complaints (minor) would be the lack of a seperate sleeping bag compartment, and the narrowness of the pack. When i bought my new sleeping bag i realized that any slightly large bag will not be easy to get in the base of the pack evenly and steady.

With two years of use I can say I love this pack.

Size: 3300
Number of Pockets: 2
Max. Load Carried: 35
Height of Owner: 5' 10"

With two years of use I can say I love this pack. It works equally well as a big day pack and for up to four days backpacking. Very comfortable and well designed. It's my non-winter pack of choice. At the time I bought it the only under 4 lbs top loader I could find with an exterior pocket. Top pocket plus U-shaped exterior pocket hold all the stuff I need to get to easily. Only limitation - suspension will not handle over about 40 lbs. My son (14) admired it so much he asked for one for Christmas. Northern Mountain Supply has them for $139.

Nice lightweight backpack. Very comfortable shoulder…

Size: 4200 - 4400
Number of Pockets: 3, 1 main, 1 small top, and 1 large U-shaped backpanel pocket w/sidezippers (works well)
Max. Load Carried: 35lbs.
Height of Owner: 5-10

Nice lightweight backpack. Very comfortable shoulder straps and hip belt. Quite simply what most people only need in a pack. I really like the backpanel pocket which is U-shaped and has a side zipper on each side. Very handy for stuff you use a lot. Very smartly setup pack. Awesome when you want to keep it light. So comfortable you won't believe you only spent 190 dollars for it List! I can really pack a lot of stuff in it for this size pack (easily three days worth). Really a climbing pack but hikes really well for its compact size. I love it.

This pack is light, fiberglass stays that contour…

Design: internal
Size: approx 4500 extended
Number of Pockets: one on top two along the side that are actually connected
Max. Load Carried: possibly 30lbs ???
Height of Owner: 5'9"
Price Paid: $270 but on sale for $190 :)

This pack is light, fiberglass stays that contour to your back. Easy acessability to gear, daisy chain ice axe loops (must rig your own method to keep them pointed up). When I loaded it up and put it on I was in love. I ended up with a manufacturer's defect, but it still worked awesome for the rest of the trip three days. I recomend to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you've owned or used a Dana Design ArcAltitude JetPack, please share your experience.

Dana Design ArcAltitude JetPack

The ArcAltitude JetPack has been discontinued.

The Dana Design ArcAltitude JetPack is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 11, 2008 at GearTrade.