Dana Design Hoodoo Spire

This is a tribute to this pack. I have had it over…

Price Paid: I don't remember - around $120

This is a tribute to this pack. I have had it over a decade all over the world and it is bomber.

The best pack money can buy. With the beaver tail…

Design: rucksack
Number of Pockets: 1
Max. Load Carried: 40
Height of Owner: 5'11''

The best pack money can buy. With the beaver tail pouch you can carry anything, I mean anything.

If you ever find yourself lying on top of your wrecked mountain bike 20 miles from nowhere and have to carry out your bike, just strap it in the beaver tail. Or if you're ever out quail hunting with your 80-pound bird-dog and he decides to get tangled in barbed-wire and you have to carry him out, just strap him on. I'm not kidding!

I have shredded nine dat packs (three of them military issue) but the hoodoo spire is indestructible, through the thickest bush you can imagine. The only daypack you will ever buy, (unless you buy unother one for you girlfriend).

I recently picked this pack up as a summer day pack…

Design: rucksack
Size: 1900
Max. Load Carried: 20 lbs
Height of Owner: 5' 9"
Price Paid: $139 (1996)

I recently picked this pack up as a summer day pack and have been extremely pleased with it. The quality is top notch, and it fits like I am wearing a jacket. It took me awhile to adjust it, but I think I have it dialed in now. My only complaint is that there seems to be some overkill on the length of the straps (compression, waist, etc.) because they are always dangling. I know since this is a 'one-size-fits-all' day pack, that is one reason they may have the extra long straps. I have cut and melted several of the straps and that has solved my minor annoyances with the strap length. In general though, this pack seems pretty good and I expect it to last a LONG time!!!