I have owned a Dana Mazama for a year and a half,…

Design: Top-loading internal
Size: 3500-3900 cubic inches
Number of Pockets: 5
Max. Load Carried: 40 lbs.
Height of Owner: 5' 10"

I have owned a Dana Mazama for a year and a half, and it has become my favorite 3-season pack. It has seen me through 5-day trips in Glacier National Park and in Wyoming's Wind River Range, as well as a 2-day torrential downpour in Nebraska.

At first glance, I had doubts about the hip-belt design and the exposed zippers, but apparently the designers know their stuff: the belt and suspension is the most comfortable I've ever tried, and not a drop of water has infiltrated my down sleeping bag stored inside. The comfortable ride deteriorates when carrying over 30 lbs, so 5-6 days is pretty much the top end if you have otherwise light and compact gear.

I'm sure there are better packs out there, but I haven't found one yet.