These socks are the closest thing to perfect that…

Summary

These socks are the closest thing to perfect that I have found.

Pros

• Excellent fit
  • Very durable
  • Quick drying

I had heard about Darn Tough socks from other hiking friends over the years, and when my local REI started stocking them, I bought a couple of pair and gave them a try. I have totally become a fan boy for these socks!

The fit is excellent, and stays excellent over time. Many merino blend hiking socks I have purchased over the years, from that other brand (the world's most famous merino sock), become stretched and loose fitting over time, increasing sock creep and the potential for blisters. My Darn Tough socks maintain their excellent fit over many years.

The padding is just the right amount... enough to provide great cushioning, without being to bulky. They are super breathable, and with their low-cut design, never get too hot. They wash out easily and dry faster than most other merino blend socks I have used.

Durability is phenomenal. Darn Tough guarantees that they will replace any sock "you can wear out" with no questions asked. After three years of wearing these things, I have yet to test that guarantee. The socks look and feel as good today as they did when I first got them.

Darn Tough socks have basically replaced every sock in my drawer... for hiking, cycling, and everyday use, they are exceptional. Never going back to that other brand!

20150916_070713-1-.jpg

I agree, they are excellent socks, David. Got a picture of yours to show the lack of wear?

1 year ago

I bought a pair of DT on sale and plan to use them when my SmartWool PhDs wear out. So far, I've been waiting 2 years for those socks to fail. :P

David Link

I will take a photo and add it in.

KiwiKlimber

Your SmartWool Phds are doing much better than mine, G00SE. I'm starting to look elsewhere, including Point6 and Darn Tough. Thanks for the helpful review, David.

denis daly

My favorite sock and height as well..Have 4 pairs...

David Link

I tried a couple of pair of Point6 socks a few years ago. They stretched fairly quickly, and the fit was really loose.

David Link

Added a picture of the lack of wear on these socks. I think this one is at least three years old.

Nice! Thanks, David.

dirtwheels

Thanks, for the review.

andrew f.

FITS are worth looking at.

1 year ago

These socks passed the test. I have purchased my third…

Summary

These socks passed the test. I have purchased my third and fourth pair. They will be my everyday socks now. Love them Darn Tough.

i bought my first pair of these about two months ago went back today to get my second pair. i bought the first pair because they were the only 100% u.s.a. made socks that my local outfitter carries. the second pair because they wick away moisture better than my phd's plus i think that they will live up to their name darn tough.

i wear wool socks exclusively because of a sweaty feet problem hot or cold, so i have tried them all, so i will be putting them to the test and will update in a couple of months.

Tough. Well-made in the USA! Easy on the feet with…

Materials: Merino, Nylon, Lycra
Use: up to long dayhikes, trail runs, casual
Break-in Period: none

Tough. Well-made in the USA! Easy on the feet with good cushioning despite their lightweight designation. My feet do not get hot in these socks (tested on hikes up to 94 degrees). These socks have excellent arch support (my foot is neutral).

I would give them 5+ stars (if I could) if they were left and right specific, as my Icebreakers have spoiled me with fit in that department. These are more durable however than my Icebreakers.

Well done.

Steve Durrah

Where did you find these socks for $5?