Darn Tough Merino Boot Sock Full Cushion

Lifetime socks. I was given a pair of Darn Tough Hike/Trek…

Summary

Lifetime socks.

Pros

• Comfort
  • Durability

Cons

• None

I was given a pair of Darn Tough Hike/Trek socks about five years ago with the purchase of a pair of Zamberlan 760 Steep hiking boots and I've never looked back. They are the only socks I wear for anything — period.

From the label I see they are made of 69% Merino Wool, 27% Nylon, and 4% Lycra Spandex. On the back of the package is says Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee.  "If you can wear these socks out, we'll replace them. Free of charge. No questions asked. For life. When you're really serious about something you make it yourself."

That statement was signed by Ric Cabot the owner of Cabot Hoisery Mills, Inc.

I work as a professional firefighter and these are the only socks I wear at work also. They fit well, they're comfortable beyond belief, they stay in place. I've never had a hot spot or a blister while wearing these socks, ever.

I still have the very first pair of these and they have logged well over a thousand hiking and working miles and, while not as good as new, are still doing a great job for me. The elastic, or whatever it is, that holds them in place works great, they still cushion my feet, and they don't ever take on a bad odor.

At this point, I would really feel guilty sending them in for a replacement against the lifetime warranty as I've received my money's worth a hundred times over, but I AM wondering if Ric Cabot has ever had to replace a worn out pair. I seriously doubt it.

Best of all — they are made right here in the U. S. of A. in the state of Vermont.

Bill "L.Dog" Garlinghouse

Love those Darn Tough socks. Can't imagine ever buying anything else ...

rob5073

This is the exact sock I use with my 760 Steeps and I have a pair of lighter weight Darn Tough socks to use for day hikes. They do make a great sock. I need to get more.

andrew f.

outstanding sock.

Don't leave home without them. I don't wear anything…

Price Paid: $15-$20?

Summary

Don't leave home without them.

Pros

• Comfort
  • Durability
  • Lifetime gaurantee

I don't wear anything but Darn Toughs. They last forever, and if they don't, they'll replace them.