Darn Tough Merino Micro Crew Sock Cushion

The difference between fresh caught shrimp from the…

Summary

The difference between fresh caught shrimp from the ocean and popcorn shrimp at a fast food joint.

Pros

• Perfect fit
  • Cushion
  • Durability

Cons

• None

I recently got turned on to Darn Tough socks and I have zero hesitation in saying I will never buy another brand again.

Putting these on for the first time was as if the master sock artist, Leonardo DaSockio, had painted them on my feet. Not only was there absolutely zero bunching on the trail, but my feet stayed dry (very unusual for me), they provided the perfect amount of cushion and I didn't need to hold my nose and throw them in the tent vestibule as the end of the day.

Darn Tough also offers a lifetime warranty if they break down. Seriously? For a pair of socks? SOLD.

It's easy to spend a couple of hundred bucks on a pair of boots but I always blinked when it came to spend 20 bucks for a pair of socks. I think they call that penny wise and pound foolish.

So here's my review in summation.

Buy.

These.

Socks.

I just bought my first pair of Darn Tough. They are still in the package, as I'm in love with my Smartwool PhD socks. Eventually, I'm going to have to try them.

Earth Pig

Best socks ever made for hiking.

I've heard that, Earth Pig, but those PhDs are fantastic.

Visit Darn Tough's Merino Micro Crew Sock Cushion page.

The Darn Tough Micro Crew Stripes Cushion socks are perfect for 14ers or quick day hikes. These socks have just the right amount of sass and toughness. Cushioning along the bottom of the foot provide the perfect amount of support while a smooth, performance fit assures theres no slipping, no bunching, and no blisters. Fine gauge knitting makes these Merino Wool socks a true workhorse thats supremely comfortable, breathable and fast drying. Cool in the summer, warm in the winter and naturally antimicrobial so they repel bacteria and odor a great feature when you need to get an extra day (or two) out of your socks. Still made in Vermont. Guaranteed for life.

- CampSaver.com

Darn Tough Light Hiker Micro Crew women's socks provide miles of comfort and durability--trail-tested on the Vermont Long Trail, these socks provide a high level of cushioned performance.

The Darn Tough Micro Crew Cushion is a 3/4 crew that combines a full cushioning on the bottom of the foot with non-cushioned leg that will keep you cooler in warmer climates. The non-cushioned leg also comes in handy if you need a sock that takes up less space around the ankle in your boots or if you want a sock that has a more casual look and feel. Contents: 67% Merino Wool, 29% Nylon, 4% Lycra Spandex Darn Tough's Ironclad Lifetime replacement guarantee: if you wear them out Darn Tough will replace them Made in Vermont Sizing: Small: Women's 4-6.5 Medium: Men's 6.5-8.5 Women's 7-9.5 Large: Men's 9-11.5 Women's 10-12.5 X-Large: Men's 12+

- OMCgear

Darn Tough gave the Merino Wool Micro Crew Cushion Hiking Sock a dash of spandex so your trail-tromping paws stay extra comfy while you tick off the miles. The Micro Crew blows away your heavy, itchy wool socks with its built-in elastic arch support and high-density padding in the heel and toes . Darn Tough built these midweight beauties with merino wool that's naturally resistant to stinky odors and breathes moisture to keep your feet blister-free.