DeLorme Earthmate GPS PN-30

I have used the PN-30 for about 6 months now. I have…

I have used the PN-30 for about 6 months now. I have used it to road navigate from Western PA to Acadia NP in Maine. The POI were very helpful in feeding hungry kids en-route without waiting for pizza.

I have also used the PN-30 during a recent elk hunting trip in Colorado. it was very useful in locating water holes that I had located on Google Earth or Bing maps.

The maps and aerial photos that are available to overlay the topoUSA software are incredible. The base TopoUSA maps were some of the best maps of the area we were hunting showing pack trails the other maps didn't. The software is very powerful maybe too much for some people.

Battery life is OK, not great. I use rechargeable Duracell and get around 10-14 hours of continuous use. The batteries lasted the entire week in Colorado, by turning the unit off and using my compass.