Deuter AC Lite 25

I've had mine for two or three years and given it…

Design: Top loading, internal frame
Size: as specified
Height of Owner: 6'1"

I've had mine for two or three years and given it lots of use. I cannot think of anything wrong with it. It has held up nicely under treatment that has not been gentle. It has roughly the represented carrying capacity. I'm an average proportioned 165-pound, 6-foot-one man. It's comfortable. I don't really noticed the air circulation in the back as being helpful, but I also don't notice it pulling my center of gravity back either, and it certainly couldn't make summer hiking hotter. So I recommend it.

I hate zipper book bags. I realize they don't usually come open, but they make me worry about that since I cannot see if I'm leaving a trail of gear behind me. Top-loading rucksacks like this are few in number so the choices are limited. If I saw something I liked better, I'd buy it, and for at least three years, that hasn't happened.

I've used it for three-season overnight hikes. It's a great spring-through-fall heavy day rucksack. Gear manufacturers would call me a minimalist, but I don't consider myself one. I carry all the usual stuff over night except maybe a stove. If I'm just out for one or two nights, I'll live on ready-to-eat food. I have a smaller bag just big enough for bladder, sandwich and jacket that cynches down tightly that I use for day hikes in spring through fall. I can jog with that pack but not with the Deuter AC Lite 25.

The Deuter AC lite 25 does not cinch down. So I would not recommend it for someone who wants a really light load that he can jog in. Otherwise it's perfect for winter day hikes, overnight spring through fall hikes, or spring-through-fall day hikes where you might have to carry more than a sandwich, camera, and jacket.

This is a small daypack/cycling/running pack. The…

Size: 25l
Height of Owner: 6'0"
Price Paid: £50

This is a small daypack/cycling/running pack. The backsystem is very comfortable and sweat-free -- but at the cost of having a rather odd curved sack that's deceptively small. The pack has excellent bungee cord strapping on the front and a good water bladder pocket. It's very lighweight, and is comfortable even when loaded.

If they make a 30 or 35 litre version, I'd go for that, but with good use of the bungee mesh and exterior side pockets, It makes a good, comfortable daysack.

My only reservations are that the very lightweight construction doesn't seem ultra-strong - and that because it's a framed pack it's hard to get into your main pack easily.

If you're going to shoulder the Deuter AC Lite 25 Backpack, you better get working on your German accent. Mit my Doy-Ter rucksack, I vill climb und hike very faster than you, you slowpoking schweinhund. Well at least you can work on it all day when you're out on the trail. So stash a few layers, a bit of food, and a hydration reservoir in this 1500 cubic inch pack and get out there. Deuter made the AC Lite with MeshTex shoulder straps and its advanced Aircomfort suspension system to keep the air flowin' and the sweat at bay. A front pocket holds your map, side mesh pockets secure some water, and an integrated rain cover protects your gear if a squall moves in.

- Backcountry Outlet

The ultimate lightweight pack for day tours with Deuter's Advanced Aircomfort back system and unique design. FEATURES Deuter Advanced Aircomfort System lightweight pack materials and construction contoured shoulder straps easy single buckle closure 3M reflector hydration system compatible integrated rain cover SPECS Volume...............1500 cu. in. Weight................2 lbs. 3 oz. System..............Advanced Aircomfort Materials.............Microrip-PolytexRipstop-Nylon Colors................ Bamboo-Pine Steel-Canvas

- Massey's Outfitters

On Sale. Free Shipping. Deuter AC Lite 25 Pack (Fall 2007) The AC Lite 25 pack by Deuter has been a favorite among hikers and trendsetters! The 25 liters give you plenty of space to bag a peak or hit the city.Features:Deuter Advanced Aircomfort Systemlightweight pack materials and constructioncontoured shoulder strapseasy single buckle closure3M reflectorhydration system compatibleintegrated rain coverCarrying Capacity = 20 lbs.Specifications:Volume: 1500 cubic inches/25 liters Torso: One Size inches Weight: 2 lbs. System: Advanced Aircomfort Materials: Ballistic Lite/ Microrip-Nylon

This pack has been a favorite among hikers and trendsetters! The 25 liters give you plenty of space to bag a peak or hit the city.

- Altrec Outdoors

The AC Lite 25 Backpack by Deuter is the ultimate lightweight pack for day tours with Deuter's Advanced Aircomfort back system and unique design. It keep you comfortable whether you are spending the day on the trail or exploring a new city. The AC Lite 25 is compatible with hydration systems.

- RockCreek

Deuter AC Lite 25

The AC Lite 25 has been discontinued.

The Deuter AC Lite 25 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 2, 2008 at Backcountry Outlet.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.