Deuter ACT Lite 35+10 SL

Never used it on an overnighter. OMG I love this one.

Price Paid: Can't remember

Summary

Never used it on an overnighter.

Pros

• Best suspension ever
  • Clean design

Cons

• Needs rain cover

OMG I love this one.

I need a lot of extra layers during winter. I don't regulate my body temp very well. This allows me to take all the extras I could possibly need and still be compact enough for a day hike.

The hip fins are to die for: angled for baby loving hips, well padded, contoured just right.

Shoulder straps are also angled and well padded with no seams to irritate anywhere.

I probably could do a summer overnighter with this. I haven't tried yet. I normally use my 45+10 of the same line. But for me, this is winter day hike nirvana.

I do wish there was a rain cover, but I bought one from Deuter and it weighs nothing so I can't really complain too much: it's a pack, not a PlayStation, lol.

This one can hold my down jacket, rain layers, extra insulating layers and socks, first aid kit, 27 oz thermos jar (I love a hot meal on a cold hike), 2L hydration bladder, extra mini Sawyer Squeeze, sunblock, phone, extra snacks, Buffs, gloves, backpacking chair, trowel and TP, and sometimes even my iPad depending on what I need to do out there.

Rides like a cloud snugly strapped onto my back: I barely notice it. The pack is tough as nails. I mistreat it all the time and it keeps looking new.

Let us know how it does on the overnighter!

1 year ago

Thanks for the review! I also hope you'll let us know how it works out on longer trips.

1 year ago