Weight 3 lb 4 oz / 1480 g
Capacity 2750 cu in / 45 L
Size 29 in x 11 in x 9.4 in / 74 cm x 28 cm x 24 cm
Material Deuter-Ripstop 210 / Deuter-Duratex-Lite

It fits well and expands to hold anything I really…

Summary

It fits well and expands to hold anything I really need. The area for the sleeping bag is large enough and I like the side pockets...hold enough for the little daily things. I am short and large and it still fits me and allows me to pack in comfort.

Pros

• Straps
  • Lid
  • Side pockets
  • Comfortable suspension

Cons

• Would like slightly larger water bottle pockets.

I replaced a 20-year-old pack with this one and it feels like a dream. It is very adjustable, the sleeping bag area is large enough, and I like the expansion capability of it. Even when I load it up, I still feel comfortable and it has enough air circulation on the back.

I have used it for three years and it is still in good shape and wearing its flower.

I am short with a long torso, and a big waist. It fits even me. The pack is large enough for trips of a week.

Welcome to Trailspace, Theresa! Thanks for the review of your Deuter. I also like their women's packs, and I smiled when you mentioned yours still had its flower. Do you have any pictures of your pack in use you could show others in your review?

This Deuter pack is quality made, lightweight, and…

Summary

This Deuter pack is quality made, lightweight, and extremely comfortable! Excellent for overnight and weekend trips out. The extra 10L from the lid is perfect for squeezing in additional gear such as a bear canister or blanket. I would highly recommend a Deuter product!

Pros

• Very comfortable, many adjustable points
  • Quality made, Deuter is a well respected company

Cons

• The only con is that I was limited by color (purchased on sale)

This pack is specifically constructed for a woman's body type, which is a plus. All straps are fully adjustable and well designed including torso length and adjusts for shorter or longer torsos. Great design for ventilation, doesn't eliminate sweating, but no packs do. It's the nature of the beast!

The 45+ 10L I feel is an excellent design based on the option of utilizing the extra 10L under the lid. I don't require this additional space all the time, which allows this pack to be very versatile. The organization is pretty basic with side pockets for water bottles, lower sleeping bag stow-away, and several internal pockets including two in the lid.

This pack is extremely comfortable supporting 25-30 lbs of gear for a 3-4 day trip as well as 10-12 lbs if doing an overnight trip. This pack has met and exceeded every expectation, especially the manufacturer's reputation for production quality gear.

I've had this pack for about a year and have had it loaded at capacity several times and on overnight trips as well. The pack itself is one of the most important and critical in performance required of all camping/hiking gear, and I can honestly say I have full confidence in the functionality, quality, and reliability of this Deuter pack!

Welcome to Trailspace, Laura! Thanks for the review of your Deuter. I also like their women's fit packs. Do you have any pictures of yours you could show others in your review?

Welcome to Trailspace, Laura. It sounds like you have a great pack. Can you share any pictures with us? We'd love to see them.

I love this pack. It's comfortable even when heavily…

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (Kept it)

Summary

I love this pack. It's comfortable even when heavily loaded (hauling firewood FTW!) and has a great hip belt/suspension system. It's also stood up to a fair bit of abuse.

My only complaint: I wish the hip belt were removable.

Pros

• Great hip belt and suspension
  • Stands up to abuse

Cons

• Hip belt is not removable

Fit:

I have a long torso but generally small build; fits great.

Comfort/Ride:

Great hip belt and suspension. I can even haul firewood for cabin camping with this thing. Easy to get a well-balanced, comfortable ride — not fiddly at all.

Construction/Durability:

I've put this thing through the wringer, from hauling firewood (see above) to backpacking in nasty weather and using it as an improvised pulk belt to haul a sled loaded with coolers, which were in turn loaded with fish. Still does just fine and even looks pretty decent, too.

Capacity:

If you're careful and experienced, it carries enough gear for a four-night solo outing (including bear can) without having to be a hardcore ultralight type. Awesome overnight pack for newbies who need extra space.

Conditions:

As described above... have used it to haul firewood, haul coolers full of fish, backpacking in nasty weather (hail, high winds, etc.) and even some backpacking in nice weather too.

Welcome to Trailspace, Lisa. Do you have any pictures of your Deuter you could share in your review?

1 year ago