Deuter ACT Trail 24

Awesome product for an adventurous woman! I was looking…

Summary

Awesome product for an adventurous woman!

Pros

• Comfortable on my back
  • Fits all my items and then some
  • Very durable and reliable

I was looking for a daypack that is comfortable, as well as padded, durable and able to fit all my items. The Deuter bladder fits everything that I need including my snacks and lunch. This daypack has a plethora of pockets, attachments and loops that keeps my tools neatly in order.

When I go hiking the daypack was soooo comfortable on my back and it did not make me tired at all. Actually, it gave me that extra boost of energy that I needed for my daily hike in the park!

Great pack for accessibility of your gear. I bought…

Summary

Great pack for accessibility of your gear.

Pros

• Attachments and pockets everywhere
  • Light weight

Cons

• I can't find one!

I bought this Nov 2010 and have enjoyed this pack every time! I'm 5'10" (medium build) and kinda gambled on buying this pack on-line hoping that I would get a good fit, and sure enough Deuter came through.

The straps and the back pad are well padded with foam so there is no pressure points, and that's with a Deuter bladder full as well a lunch and extras. This pack has lots of pockets, loops, and attachments to keep tools and poles in their proper places, although I had to pull the pack off to get the poles unhooked.

I found that the pack rode very well on my back and caused no fatigue, and for the most part I'm lucky that I didn't need to keep doing adjustments on long hikes or xc skiing.

I just purchased the Act Trail 24 and love it. I tried…

Design: front and top loading daypack
Size: 24 liters (1450 cubic inches)
Number of Pockets: 6
Max. Load Carried: 20 pounds
Height of Owner: 6 foot

I just purchased the Act Trail 24 and love it. I tried the highly rated Gregory packs Z30 and Z35 and also the highly touted Osprey Stratos 24 but none had the features that the Deuter had nor did they look or feel as well made. I kept coming back to the Deuter. Yes, the Deuter is just a little heavier but I would rather have quality and know my pack is not going to fail out on the trail.

Other things I like about the pack is the built-in rain cover, that would be $30 if you had to buy separately. The fact that it has a mesh pocket on one side for a water bottle and a zippered pocket on the other give you a lot options. On the lid there is a large pocket on top and one underneath for valuables such as your wallet or ID.

It has a hydration bladder pocket on the inside that I have used a 3 liter Deuter bladder in with plenty of room to spare. It would be a stretch to use for an overnight but for day hiking and commuting to work it is perfect.

A lot of the newer packs have the mesh back panel for cooling but I didn't like the space you lost inside the pack. I do not find this pack hot as it has a channel running down the middle to vent and stays cool. I would say this 24 liter pack holds as much as some of the 32 liter I looked at based on the straight back design.

All in all; a great pack, great color and great quality. I will defiantly look at larger Deuter packs for my extended trips.

Visit Deuter's ACT Trail 24 page.

The compact Deuter ACT Trail 24 pack offers great craftsmanship in a light yet sturdy daypack. It's ideal for day hikes and technical routes.

Deuter ACT Trail 24 PackTravelers and adventure seekers rave about the Deuter ACT Trail 24 Pack s optimum weight-bearing ability and load control. Perfect for day hikes and city tours, this reliable pack features a Delrin Aircontact back system construction that fits any back shape comfortably and allows you to move with ease. It also comes equipped with an elastic front compartment for storing a jacket, harness, and other gears. No more rummaging around your gears as this pack features a two-way zip on the front, which allows direct access to well-buried items, even when the lid is closed. Plus, its two Aircontact pads with special ventilating hollow chamber foam allow you to move freely even if you re carrying heavy loads. Also equipped with contoured shoulder straps with 3D Air mesh lining, a wet laundry compartment, an ice axe, and hiking pole loops, this pack offers everything you need to enjoy the outdoors to the fullest. Grab the Deuter ACT Trail 24 Pack right away!

- SunnySports

When you want to travel light and fast but don't want to be so minimal as to skimp on necessary features, load up the Deuter ACT Trail 24 Pack. Deuter's proprietary AirContact back system uses a flexible Delrin U-frame for stability and comfort, while an integrated and detachable rain cover keeps your essentials from getting soaked.

These fullcontact hiking packs have already won over many fans due to their optimum weight bearing ability and load control The flexible Delrin Aircontact back system construction fits any back shape comfortablyFeaturesbull Twoway zip allows direct access to wellburied items even when lid is closedbull Tough 3D AirMesh covering fabric provides climate control bull Front design with large mesh pockethelmet flapbull Valuables pocket on hip belt bull Anatomically formed 3D AirMesh shoulder straps with load transfer strapsbull Wet laundry compartmentbull Ice axe and hiking pole loops

- Bentgate.com