Deuter ACT Zero 50+15

Weight 3 lb 4 oz / 1480 g
Capacity 3050 cu in / 50 L
Size 30 in x 12 in x 9.4 in / 76 cm x 30 cm x 24 cm
Material Deuter-Duratex-Lite / Deuter-Ripstop 210

For those of us who might only be doing two or three…

Summary

For those of us who might only be doing two or three day trips, 65l of storage in a 50l pack is a good compromise.

Pros

• comfortable
  • layout

Cons

• quality

I really only have time to do short hikes, a couple of days at a time so I need a pack that wasn't huge. Of course my hiking buddy doesn't always carry his share of the gear, he is nine, so a pack that can expand when needed is nice.

This pack fits me well and there seems to be a place for everything and it is well though out. A place for trekking poles that is accessible but not in your way, a place for my reading glasses and so forth. Now I know a lot of modern packs are like this, but for me things just seem to have a place where I would put them.

Now the bad. The pack is rugged and well made but one of the pull tabs wasn't crimped correctly and broke on the first use. I would have hoped QC would have picked this up. Deuter did offer to fix it for free but the shipping wasn't worth it when a half knot would do.

When my hiking partner stops growing I might get him a Deuter as well, just the largest pack they make so he can carry my gear as well.

Visit Deuter's ACT Zero 50+15 page.

The ACT Zero series was built for the thru hiker who travels light and fast. These packs will allow the experienced backpacker /mountaineer to carry all the necessities without the added pack weight.

- CampSaver.com

The Deuter ACT Zero 50 + 15 pack is perfect for the thru-hiker who travels light and fast and carry all your necessities in comfort.

Deuter ACT Zero 50+15 Pack Hike on mountainous areas swiftly with the Deuter ACT Zero 50+15 Pack. The AIRCONTACT Lite system allows optimal positioning of the backpack. A pump effect distributes air through the breathable cushions. Its hollow-core aluminum offers torsional rigidity and flexibility, to follow body movements. The polyurethane-coated ripstop nylon fabric protects your pack from the weather. An extension collar adds 15 L of space. The forward-pull hip belt adjustment helps you achieve a perfect fit. Strap on the Deuter ACT Zero 50+15 Pack.

- SunnySports

Deuter designed the ACT Zero 50+15 Backpack to be as lightweight and comfortable as it is versatile. The AirContact back system supports your load with an anatomically cut harness with breathable hollow-chamber foam and mesh to allow airflow between your back and the pack, reducing perspiration by 15% for a cool, dry, comfortable you. Strong and lean Duratex-Lite, ripstop 210 and hollow-core aluminum keep you light on your feet, and an extendable collar, 15-liter convertible lid, and plenty of pockets give you plenty of carrying options for tons of treks.