Deuter ACT Zero 50+15

For those of us who might only be doing two or three…

Summary

For those of us who might only be doing two or three day trips, 65l of storage in a 50l pack is a good compromise.

Pros

• comfortable
  • layout

Cons

• quality

I really only have time to do short hikes, a couple of days at a time so I need a pack that wasn't huge. Of course my hiking buddy doesn't always carry his share of the gear, he is nine, so a pack that can expand when needed is nice.

This pack fits me well and there seems to be a place for everything and it is well though out. A place for trekking poles that is accessible but not in your way, a place for my reading glasses and so forth. Now I know a lot of modern packs are like this, but for me things just seem to have a place where I would put them.

Now the bad. The pack is rugged and well made but one of the pull tabs wasn't crimped correctly and broke on the first use. I would have hoped QC would have picked this up. Deuter did offer to fix it for free but the shipping wasn't worth it when a half knot would do.

When my hiking partner stops growing I might get him a Deuter as well, just the largest pack they make so he can carry my gear as well.

If you've owned or used a Deuter ACT Zero 50+15, please share your experience.

Deuter ACT Zero 50+15