Deuter Aircontact Lite 60+10 SL

It just seems so weird that there are so few reviews…

Number of Pockets: 2 side pockets, 1 main, 1 sleeping compartment
Max. Load Carried: 30 lbs
Height of Owner: 5'5

It just seems so weird that there are so few reviews for this brand. I must say that for the miniscule price I paid, I got a superb suspension that rivals all the major brands. I bought this at REI after trying on several packs. I was looking for a mid-sized pack (3500 cubic inches or so) to practice downsizing my long-range gear... and this fit the ticket.

Truly, it has a great suspension system that never cuts into my shoulders or hinders my movement... and keeps almost all the weight securely centered on my hips and legs. Exceedingly good for trails... pretty good for off-trail too. And the way it's designed really allows for amazing airflow to your back so I'm rarely sweaty there.

It does have its problems:

For example...the shoulder straps loosen over the course of your trip. Be prepared to correct this constantly as you go. When it loosens, it gives the pack a sort of sideways sway that can slow some off-trail scrambles.

However, if you're looking for a NO FRILLS pack with a great suspension at a minimal price, check this one out.