Weight 3 lb 7 oz / 1550 g
Capacity 1590 cu in / 26 L
Size 24 in x 13 in x 8.7 in / 60 cm x 34 cm x 22 cm
Material Deuter-Ripstop 210 / Deuter-Super-Polytex

Lightweight and durable pack, good for camping as…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

Lightweight and durable pack, good for camping as well as longer backpacking trips. Rain cover is excellent for inclement weather. Recommended for general use.

Pros

• Weatherproof
  • Air netting

Cons

• Top-loading

Brought this on a three-week long backpacking trip through rural China, and it held up excellently through all kinds of weather. It was monsoon season and the rain cover was very helpful and dried quickly. I have previously used it on several camping trips while climbing mountains.

The pack is slightly tall for me (I'm 5 foot 2 inches in height) but the straps adjusted well and I experienced no discomfort wearing it even for extended periods. The pockets in the hip belts are useful. It's expandable and I was always able to pack in all of my gear with space to spare, even for my three-week trip.

Lots of pockets and dividers make it easy to separate my items. It's top-loading rather than front loading, but there is a zipper at the bottom which makes it easy to get items out from the other side. Unloaded, the pack is very light. I appreciated the metal frame.

I've used this pack extensively for three years and I've been impressed with how well it holds up, how much it stores in a small space, and how easy it is to clean as well.

Thanks for the review, Michelle. We'd love to see some pictures of your pack. And I'd love to read a trip report of your trek through China. You can post that in the Forums section under "Trip Reports."

Welcome to Trailspace, Michelle! I'd also love to see a trip report from your three weeks backpacking in China: http://www.trailspace.com/forums/trip-reports/