Deuter Futura 28

Weight 2 lb 14 oz / 1300 g
Capacity 1710 cu in / 28 L
Size 21 in x 13 in x 10 in / 53 cm x 34 cm x 26 cm
Material Deuter-Ripstop 210 / Deuter-Super-Polytex

A nice pack for day hikes, especially in summer. That…

Price Paid: $79 on sale at MEC and FREE as a door prize.

A nice pack for day hikes, especially in summer. That Deuter suspension system works very well for keeping your back cooler, and I find the length is suited to my back. Lots of adjustments, too, so if you set it up right the load rides very well. Hydration ready, and with enough slots and pockets to keep your gear organized.

On the downside, I find the suspension system deforms the shape of the pack enough to limit how much you can put into it. After a while, it stretches out a bit, but don't count on carrying quite as much as the 28 l. size suggests. Not a problem in summer, but in winter, when you want to carry a down sweater as backup and stuff other layers into it as you warm up, it can be a nuisance.

I actually own two of these — the older one has mesh side pockets, which I found to be a bit fragile. A thermos rubbed a hole through the one on one side. My newer one (won as a Club Night door prize) has a solid piece of fabric, instead.

Great daypack. Durable, comfortable, good storage…

Price Paid: ~$100

Summary

Great daypack. Durable, comfortable, good storage features. Highly recommended!

Pros

• Many zippered pocket options
  • Well ventilated back mesh

Cons

• Not super lightweight

Comfortable pack, many pockets, I love extra storage options, the back ventilation is nice, minimal back perspiration! I am 5'4" with a longer torso and the s/m size works well for me.

I have had this pack for three years and it is durable for all my crazy adventures! I also appreciate the lower sectioned zipper on bottom, great for shoes or wet items, can also be unzippered inside to make main upper larger.

Great pack.

Welcome to Trailspace, Krystal! Do you use this pack on day hikes, overnighters, or longer trips?

I love this pack. I bought it 6 months ago online…

I love this pack. I bought it 6 months ago online for the cheapest price I could fine. I've used it on huge day hikes (15 miles+) and use it daily for walking to work.

It is a bit bulky compared to most packs because of the frame. Butt he frame comes in handy when it gets warm - the Air Comfort system/frame is exceptionally helpful when it is hot. I wore this to work in 95 degree temps for weeks over 1.5 miles one way and it performed very well. I've taken this on 15 mile hikes and the straps were great - was able to adjust to cool off during really cold temps when I was over layered.

Great pack overall. Technical, definitely NOT for books and computers, but great for daypacking and lugging around town with layers and water for the latest day hike.

Perfect size for day hiking. Solid and durable this…

Price Paid: $75 CAD

Perfect size for day hiking. Solid and durable this backpack is practical, functional and offers good ventilation.