Deuter Streamer 3.0
System of 3-liter bag, streamer tube insulator, and…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $32 + 18 + 20
System of 3-liter bag, streamer tube insulator, and streamer thermo bag. Nice compatitible system with Deuter packs.
- Clean water taste
- Water temperature remains reasonably cool in the summer
- Insulators prevent freezing in winter
Bag has plastic closure with an opening in the plastic for compatibility with Deuter packs. Inside the pack there is an orange velcro tab that will pass through this opening. This keeps the water reservoir in a stationery position inside the backpack, vertically against the hiker's back.
The insulator for the tube has a zipper to gain access to the mouthpiece. This can be kept open for easy access in the summer. In the winter the zipper can be kept closed to assure that the water line does not freeze when not accessing the mouthpiece. There is a velcro tab on the streamer tube insulator to keep the water line secured to the backpack shoulder strap.
The Streamer Thermo bag holds the 3-liter water bladder and helps keep the water cool in the summer. Insulation prevents freezing in the winter.
Great add-on to my Vario Futura, 3 years and still…
Price Paid: under U$20
Great add-on to my Vario Futura, 3 years and still serving me well. The only maintenance I did so far was cleaning the tube.
Tip for those maintaining their hydration tubes (Read notes below before proceeding):
1) Buy a rifle cleaning kit (I used the Winchester brand under U$8).
2) Remove tube from bladder and remove bite valve tip leaving only the tube.
3) Fill and soak the tube with your fav cleaning solution (i.e. saltwater, vinegar water, denture tablet solution) to soften any grime.
4) Use the full length of the rifle cleaner (usually comes in 3 segments) and attached the slotted tip for use with pad cleaner (thin rectangular tissue like sheets).
5) Gently and with a smooth motion slide and twist the cleaner (in a vertical position) from top to bottom, flip and start from the other end and continue till the tube is clean. Make sure you change the pad each cycle till it pulls out clean.
6) Repeat step 3 and rinse.
- Make sure the rifle cleaner rod your buying is narrower than your tubes inner diameter and don't get tempted to use the metal brush and a used rifle cleaner.
- The Deuter tube made by (SOURCE) is lined inside with a thin poly liner - I stripped mine completely and am not sure if the performance will deteriorate in time so be gentle. I will contact Deuter/SOURCE for their feedback.
This hydration system is great - get one.
This is the second Deuter Streamer I bought. I purchase…
Price Paid: $28
This is the second Deuter Streamer I bought. I purchase the product because of its size (3 liter) and the convenience of top loading water feature.
The only problem is the quality of the construction with the water bladder. The first bag leaks when I fill it with water the first time. So I returned it to the store and try it again. I took the bag to the trail on a 12 day backpacking trip in New Mexico. On the third day, the bottom started to leak. It soaked all my clothing and sleeping bag. Needless to say, I was not happy about it and I was strained with one Nalgene bottle for the rest of the trip.
I think everyone should be aware that this product has problem of leaking. Hope you have better luck than I did.
I bought this bag b/c of its generous size - I drink…
Price Paid: $30
I bought this bag b/c of its generous size - I drink a lot of water on the trail, and with this one, I don't have to carry a separate bottle on day hikes. The best thing about this bag, though, is the closure. My Camelbak leaks every time I use it - sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. My Deuter has never leaked -- not even a drop. And the wide mouth makes it super easy to clean w/o using chemicals.
The only "down" I have to say is that sometimes the bite valve twists a little so that the water drains back into the bag, leaving me sucking harder on the tube than I want. But there's a tell-tale hiss when it does it, and I just twist it back the other way to fix the problem.