Diamond Brand Blue Ridge 5

I finally used my Blue Ridge 5 Pack these last few…

Design: external frame pack
Size: 3300+ inches
Number of Pockets: 6
Max. Load Carried: 35 lbs
Height of Owner: 6'1"

I finally used my Blue Ridge 5 Pack these last few days here in the Wayne National Forest located in beautiful southeast Ohio. I did an overnight backpack trek on the Archers Fork Trail.

This is the pack I started out with when I first got into backpacking. I used it in the past till I started using my internal frame packs. I decided to use it on this particular hike.

This pack is plain and basic. It was designed for and by the Boy Scouts and it is a Diamond Brand product. Unfortunately it is no longer available. :(

This pack works quite well if you ask me. The aluminum frame is nicely welded. Very strong. The pack bag itself is made of a very tough nylon material. Holds up well to all those briars I encountered on the trail. The shoulder straps are the only "weak" point of this pack. They can definitely use more padding.

Overall I like this pack. Makes an excellent beginners pack in my opinion.

If you've owned or used a Diamond Brand Blue Ridge 5, please share your experience.

Diamond Brand Blue Ridge 5

The Diamond Brand Blue Ridge 5 is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new external frame backpack, check out the best reviewed current models.