Diamond Brand Mountain Home 2

I purchased this tent directly from Diamond Brand.

Design: elongated geodesic dome
Ease of Setup: fairly simple and quick
Weight: 8lbs. 6ozs.

I purchased this tent directly from Diamond Brand. It was a "factory second", meaning it had minor blemishes/deformities. When the tent finally came, after I pitched it in my backyard, some of those cosmetic blemishes became apparent. For example, the words "Diamond Brand" was somewhat "messed up" and it had a few needle holes that a little Seam Grip and patches corrected. Other than these few (but expected) problems (seeing it was a "seconds" tent) the tent was fine.

I used this tent in many different times of the year, from early springs to hot summers to cold Ohio winters. This tent is waterproof, evidenced from the fact I used it during some really nasty thunderstorms when a friend and I went camping down at the Lamping Homestead in the Wayne National Forest. It rained HARD!!!...but never leaked once! I used it for my winter camping adventures at West Branch State Park during the winter of 1999-2001. The Mountain Home is one strong tent, standing up to strong gust in a exposed location (which I did on purpose to see how it would handle winds) and snow loading.

My few gripes I had about this tent was that soon after I received it from Diamond Brand, a few of the brass grommets began to pull out of the nylon stake-out "loops." Also since this tent had a nylon rainfly, it really sagged when it got wet, regardless how taunt I pitched the thing. Those are my few faults I found with the Mountain Home. This tent looks alot like the Terra-Nova/Wild Country Quasar/Mountain Tent, but perhaps slightly larger (at 39.3sq.ft.). For a factory second, I suppose I got my money's worth.

Diamond Brand Mountain Home 2

The Diamond Brand Mountain Home 2 is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new four-season tent, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review

MSR Evo Ascent Review

Gregory Baltoro 65 Review

The A.T. Guide (2016 Northbound) Review

Weegie Weekenders

Trailspace in the morning...and a new hat idea?