Diamond Brand Mountain Home 2

I purchased this tent directly from Diamond Brand.

Design: elongated geodesic dome
Ease of Setup: fairly simple and quick
Weight: 8lbs. 6ozs.

I purchased this tent directly from Diamond Brand. It was a "factory second", meaning it had minor blemishes/deformities. When the tent finally came, after I pitched it in my backyard, some of those cosmetic blemishes became apparent. For example, the words "Diamond Brand" was somewhat "messed up" and it had a few needle holes that a little Seam Grip and patches corrected. Other than these few (but expected) problems (seeing it was a "seconds" tent) the tent was fine.

I used this tent in many different times of the year, from early springs to hot summers to cold Ohio winters. This tent is waterproof, evidenced from the fact I used it during some really nasty thunderstorms when a friend and I went camping down at the Lamping Homestead in the Wayne National Forest. It rained HARD!!!...but never leaked once! I used it for my winter camping adventures at West Branch State Park during the winter of 1999-2001. The Mountain Home is one strong tent, standing up to strong gust in a exposed location (which I did on purpose to see how it would handle winds) and snow loading.

My few gripes I had about this tent was that soon after I received it from Diamond Brand, a few of the brass grommets began to pull out of the nylon stake-out "loops." Also since this tent had a nylon rainfly, it really sagged when it got wet, regardless how taunt I pitched the thing. Those are my few faults I found with the Mountain Home. This tent looks alot like the Terra-Nova/Wild Country Quasar/Mountain Tent, but perhaps slightly larger (at 39.3sq.ft.). For a factory second, I suppose I got my money's worth.

Diamond Brand Mountain Home 2

The Diamond Brand Mountain Home 2 is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new four-season tent, check out the best reviewed current models.