Drift Creek Outdoors #5001 Stormbloc Weather Shield Soft Shell Hooded Jacket

This jacket is incredible! I went hiking in the Three…

Fabric: polyester
Fill: none

This jacket is incredible! I went hiking in the Three Sisters Wilderness in Oregon and it did everything I needed. It was very comfortable, even with my backpack, on chilly mornings, and when evening came, the jacket went back on.

It provided excellent protection from the elements, especially when those late afternoon thunderstorms bring heavy rains. The extra large pit zips came in handy for some extra ventilation and the hood adjustments ensure that your vision is never compromised. The velcro on the wrists allowed me to flyfish in the mornings and not have water running up my sleeves after reaching into the water.

Overall I would rate this jacket a 9.5 out of 10. I didn't give it a 10 because it is difficult to find. More retailers should carry this brand!