Dry Pak GPS/PDA/Smart Phone Case

Great little pouch for protecting your cellphone or…

Summary

Great little pouch for protecting your cellphone or GPS unit.

Pros

• Simple to use
  • Unique latch system ensures watertight seal

Cons

• None

I bought this item to use on my overnight canoe trip down the Delaware River this past spring. I wanted to protect my phone but still have it accessible to take photos or to check the GPS.

It worked perfectly! I used the lanyard and clipped the pouch to the front of my PFD. I was able to use the touch screen through the clear plastic front and I even could take pictures with my phone still inside the pouch. I have a  MotoX and use a simple case for it so even with the case on I could still fit the phone easily inside the pouch.

The interesting system for sealing the pouch worked perfectly. You have this hard plastic clip and that pinches closed the pouch. Then you have two little turn buttons that seal the plastic clip closed. It was simple and foolproof.

My only complaint (if you can call it that) is that the material of the pouch and the phone case liked each other very much and it was a little 'sticky' to get the phone into the pouch. But with a little shaking the phone settled in nicely and I could close the pouch.

Great product, love it and would recommend it to anyone who is doing water sports.

Thanks for the review, Greg. I'm going to the Boundary Waters in September, and I'm considering something like this.

4 in. wide x 8 in. long. Clear TPU front, gray TPU back, padded and lined. Adjustable neck lanyard & anodized aluminum spring hook. White sealing clip for high visibility.

- Ramsey Outdoor

Dry Pak's are an absolute necessity for today's on-the-go active life style. Whatever activity you enjoy in or near the water there's a Dry Pak for you. Dry Pak's provide simple, user-friendly, effective protection for cell phones, cameras, GPS, PDA's and lots of other gear. All Dry Pak's have cam lock clips on top that hermetically seal out water, sand, and dust. Simply twist the knobs upward to open; twist back down to seal. It's that simple! All cases are securely ultrasonically welded to the top clips, so there are no parts to lose. Although we identify only a few popular uses and activities for each case, it's highly likely that you'll find other applications for your Dry Pak. The GPS, PDA's, or Smart Phone Case is made from hi-tech thermo-plastic polyurethane (TPU). TPU is approximately 10 times stronger than vinyl and has incredible resistance to hot and cold temperatures. Sound transmits through TPU with less than 5% loss of volume, making it perfect for a Cell Phone, PDA, or GPS.

- SunnySports

Convenient Stylus Holder5 in. wide x 8 in. long.Clear TPU front, blue TPU back, padded and lined.Adjustable neck lanyard & anodized aluminum spring hook.Yellow sealing clip for high visibility.For beach, pool, boating, paddling, etc.Maximum circumference: 9 in.

- Campmor

We've all dropped a call, just make sure that when you're out on the water a drop doesn't spell disaster - Aquapac's Small Cell Phone and Pager Case protects your small phone or pager from dust, dirt, and even water - guaranteed waterproof up to 30 feet, you can even make calls and take pictures without taking it out of the case.

- Mountain Gear

In wet, sandy or dusty environments, protect your GPS or PDA in this floating, waterproof case. Made of TPU plastic, case stands up to heat and cold. Case is hermetically sealed with bright yellow clip to keep out water, sand and dirt. Neck lanyard is adjustable and keeps GPS close at hand.