Ecco Dhaka Mid GTX

I love these boots. I bought them last fall as multi…

Materials: Leather and Gore-Tex
Use: Day hikes, Backpacking, Casual
Break-in Period: none

I love these boots. I bought them last fall as multi purpose footwear for around town and on-trail.

They are always dry and more comfortable than any tennis shoes or boots I've ever owned. The sole is stiff enough to reduce foot fatigue on the trail, but is not as stiff as Vibram (Note: I am not a fan of Vibram due to my experiences with the material in wet conditions; the material of these soles seemed to perform better in wet conditions for me).

I have VERY flat feet, but they must have decent arch support because I haven't had any arch or ankle pain. Another characteristic I like is that they have great traction due to large, offset lugs.

I backpacked 15 miles at Devils Den, 5 hard miles at Mt. Magazine, and approx. 10 more miles on and off other trails with varying conditions in them and had no problems. They are much lighter than many "hiking" boots that I've tried on.

The Yak leather is supposed to be much more durable than regular leather. This has yet to be seen as I've only had them for <1 yr, but they still look as good as new. I really like the look of them over most other hiking boots as well.

Gave them 4.5 only because a) I believe they could be cheaper, and b) I would like to get a few more miles and months out of them to verify their durability. Hope this helps.

Ecco Dhaka Mid GTX

The Dhaka Mid GTX has been discontinued.

The Ecco Dhaka Mid GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 18, 2012 at Massey's Outfitters.