Ecco Dhaka Mid GTX

I love these boots. I bought them last fall as multi…

Materials: Leather and Gore-Tex
Use: Day hikes, Backpacking, Casual
Break-in Period: none

I love these boots. I bought them last fall as multi purpose footwear for around town and on-trail.

They are always dry and more comfortable than any tennis shoes or boots I've ever owned. The sole is stiff enough to reduce foot fatigue on the trail, but is not as stiff as Vibram (Note: I am not a fan of Vibram due to my experiences with the material in wet conditions; the material of these soles seemed to perform better in wet conditions for me).

I have VERY flat feet, but they must have decent arch support because I haven't had any arch or ankle pain. Another characteristic I like is that they have great traction due to large, offset lugs.

I backpacked 15 miles at Devils Den, 5 hard miles at Mt. Magazine, and approx. 10 more miles on and off other trails with varying conditions in them and had no problems. They are much lighter than many "hiking" boots that I've tried on.

The Yak leather is supposed to be much more durable than regular leather. This has yet to be seen as I've only had them for <1 yr, but they still look as good as new. I really like the look of them over most other hiking boots as well.

Gave them 4.5 only because a) I believe they could be cheaper, and b) I would like to get a few more miles and months out of them to verify their durability. Hope this helps.

Ecco Mens Dhaka Mid GTX - Built with a waterproof GORE-TEX construction and a super durable Yak Leather Upper, the Ecco Dhaka Mid GTX Hiking Boot for Men are an excellent choice for a hiking boot when you are looking for stability, control and dynamic support in a lightweight package. Sure to keep your feet dry, no matter the conditions, the Dhaka Mid GTX Boot delivers superior cushioning and comfort for all your daily adventures.

- Massey's Outfitters

Traipsing around the capital of Bangladesh, or tackling the Pacific Crest Trail in the fall, you'll be glad you're wearing the Ecco Dhaka MID GTX Hiking Boots for men. With an upper made from rich yak leather, claimed to be three times stronger than regular leather, and backed up by a Gore-Tex(R) membrane, this boot is exceptionally durable, waterproof and breathable. A padded collar and tongue add to the upper's comfort and fit. The direct injection molded polyurethane midsole receives support and cushioning help from full-length Receptor(R) Technology design, which also saves energy and enhances propulsion through various components. Meanwhile a fabric-lined footbed also adds padding. Traction comes via a rugged rubber outsole. Let your feet take you on that trip you've always wanted, in the Dhaka MID GTX Hiking Boots for men from Ecco.

- Altrec Outdoors

Ecco Men's Dhaka Mid GTX

The Men's Dhaka Mid GTX has been discontinued.

The Ecco Men's Dhaka Mid GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 18, 2012 at Massey's Outfitters.