Edelrid Eddy

If you like the freedom of climbing and pulling your…

Price Paid: 140$

If you like the freedom of climbing and pulling your own rope through on the fly, this is the best and safest.
Only uses 9 mm max rope, very light in tree work.

When I began climbing a couple of years ago, one problem…

Price Paid: €90

When I began climbing a couple of years ago, one problem became immediately apparent - the weight difference between my girlfriend/climbing partner and myself: 80kg - 48kg. As we were both inexperienced, I wanted to buy a foolproof device which would hold me no matter what I or my girlfriend did.

Looking around I decided that the extra cost of the "eddy" would be worth it as it locks the rope no matter what you do. Two years later, I am completely happy with my choice - it is easy to use, robust and, most importantly, makes me feel totally safe when on a wall. Whilst too heavy for alpine climbing it is ideal for base climbs where the weight is not an issue.

The Eddy is the perfect belaying device for sport and indoor climbing by experts and novices alike. The revolutionary Eddy is simple and safe to use. Key features include: Use of 9mm to 11mm ropes, logical threading of the rope, and a built-in emergency breaking system that eliminates the "panic pull" which leads to serious injury. The Eddy's braking cam is completely internal, eliminating dangers of your belayer accidentally holding the cam in the open position. These features and its simplicity convinced Climbing Magazine to name it Editors Choice.

- Mountains Plus

Since its introduction in 2005, the Eddy has established a reputation as a safe and easy to use semi-automatic belay device predominantly for sport and indoor climbing. The Eddy is simple and safe, easy to thread, with the rope logically following the rope flow. A controlled descent with an emergency brake system eliminates the "panic pull syndrome which can lead to serious accidents. The Eddy provides maximum safety whether top roping or lead climbing with easy paying out of rope to the leader. For use with ropes diameters from 9 to 11 mm.

- CampSaver.com

Free Shipping. Edelrid Eddy Device FEATURES of the Edelrid Eddy Device Controlled descent with an emergency brake system eliminates the in.panic pullin. syndrome Large lowering lever to ensure controlled descents Simple and safe, easy to thread, logical operation (shown on device) Suitable for 9.0 - 11.0 mm diameter ropes SPECIFICATIONS of the Edelrid Eddy Device Weight: 360 g This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

A renowned safe, easy to use belay device, the Eddy Belay Device from Edelrid is a semiautomatic design with an emergency break system that eliminates panic pulls. Designed for ropes ranging from 9 to 11 mm diameters, this device is ideal for gym and sport climbing.

- Mountain Gear