eGear Photon 3 Micro Light

It's sturdy, light and practical. These mini lights…

Summary

It's sturdy, light and practical. These mini lights by Photon should be the only unbreakable lights you consider for your camping.

Pros

• Very lightweight
  • Very tiny
  • Rugged
  • Powerful beam
  • Protected against the elements

Cons

• Too bulky if you attach keyrings and lanyards
  • Pity the battery doesn't last forever

For those among us who enjoy minimalistic camping and outdoors pursuits, every gram counts. Even if you're not that concerned about weight, having compact items which WORK is a peace-of-mind thing. In a world where most Chinese-made items come with a guarantee — to — isn't it wonderful to find a rock solid product you know you can rely on.

I've had one of these for years, and at one time I remember thinking it would outlive even me! When I lost it, although I was very careful with it, my heart sank and I set off on a mission to replace it. People offered me all manner of lights, but I refused to get anything but a replacement Photon.

I highly recommend these guys. Truly. They're super value, super light and super strong. And that, to me, means I can trust it when things go really wrong. Thank you, Photon for going against the tide of Chinese-made junk and producing genuine robust quality.

If you've owned or used an eGear Photon 3 Micro Light, please share your experience.

eGear Photon 3 Micro Light

The Photon 3 Micro Light has been discontinued.

The eGear Photon 3 Micro Light is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 21, 2010 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new flashlight, check out the best reviewed current models.